User Reviews for Clindamycin

Also known as: C/T/S, Cleocin Ovules, Cleocin T, Cleocin Vaginal, Clinda-Derm, Clindacin P, Clindacin PAC, Clindagel, Clindamax, ClindaReach Pledget, Clindesse, Clindets, Clindets Pledget, Evoclin, Pledgaclin

Learn more about Clindamycin.

Acne 29 reviews 512 medications

7.2
Bacterial Vaginitis 13 reviews 30 medications

6.1
Perioral Dermatitis 0 reviews 130 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Clindamycin reviews 42 reviews 6.7

Reviews for Clindamycin

For Acne: "I am from India. I had severe and uncontrolled acne problem arising due to oily skin and bad liver. I was advised Clindac A (Clindamycin phospate) along with Liv52. Not a single acne since I am applying this gel. As on date, I didnot counter any side-effects."

Deepanjan August 24, 2015

For Acne: "Since i started using this cream i am re-leaved from pimples and i noticed one thing in some pimples it take long time to use so its not gonna work always in 3 days sometimes it take more then 3 days it depends in the size of the pimple and how infected it is keep on using it and it will work...."

Sunshineahmed August 24, 2015

For Acne: "I've started & still am, taking this medicine 12 weeks ago, along with minocycline. The fourth week I was using it I thought it got worse, but I kept with the product and over time I saw a major improvement from the first day I took it. It burned and dried out my face the first week, but after that my face was fine. Most of my acne is either gone, light red, or scars, so I'm going back to the dermatologist next week to see what they can do about it. I definitely recommend this product!"

17 yrs. old (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 29, 2015

For Acne: "I started using Clindamycin at the end of April. It took 2 weeks for my acne to start clearing up and 4 weeks for my acne to stop all together. My doctor recommended that I continue to use Clindamycin for 8 weeks after my acne cleared. So I stopped using it this month (July). Highly recommend this medication. Very gentle yet very effective."

Kody12 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 27, 2015

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I've been using this gel off and on, but BV always seems to come back. I think maybe my body is immune to this medication now so I'm going to try metrogel. The first time I used cleocin it worked great for a few months, then of course it came back.. Then I got a yeast infection then after the treatment for the yeast BV would come back. It's a never ending cycle. But the medicine gave me no side effects, and works until it comes back."

Tmopr July 23, 2015

For Acne: "Probably the worst expierance of my life. This product made my acne horrible. It made me break out EVERYWHERE. truly disgusting. Waste of time and money"

disgusting product (taken for less than 1 month) July 17, 2015

For Acne: "Stay away from this med. I have acquired c diff from this at 34 yrs of age and no antibiotics have helped me. I am now out of hope."

Ca. Co. June 28, 2015

For Acne: "My derm gave me this along with minocycline, I had it in the strongest strength and as the topical solution. stopped using going into 2 weeks because all it did was cause severe redness and irritation and made my pimples bleed (I never even popped them or anything) my skin looked horrible. I broke down the whole next week until my skin went back to normal. PS- It burns like heck"

acnesucks455 (taken for less than 1 month) June 5, 2015

For Acne: "I am a 60 year male with adult acne.I feel like I am reliving my teen years. My scalp, my face and my back and neck started to break out. I tried several prescription meds, when I finally used clindamycin topical gel I saw a huge difference in the condition. Now I am mostly all clear and I am also very happy. Also no side effects. I truly hope that everyone could have these results especially you teens.God bless. truly yours, Porkchops 5/21/2015"

tonyv. May 21, 2015

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "So it started a few months ago, thought it was a yeast infection so I decided to treat as such, about a week after I thought it was gone, symptoms flared back up. Went to the doc and she prescribed clindmyacin cream for 7 days. Didn't work, went back a few weeks later and she gave me the same thing. Didn't work. That was about a month ago, and my symptoms come and go. Any advice?"

Vickaaaye May 9, 2015

For Acne: "I've used this for more than a year. My acne situation has not gotten better. It's a whole lot worse, with my skin also being constantly red and oily as well."

already in use? March 10, 2015

For Acne: "My PA prescribed this for me after I complained of bad cystic acne at 30 years old. This medicine has been nothing short of life-changing. It took only a few days before I started seeing my skin clearing up. Now a few months in, I can easily go out without makeup! I honestly feel like a new person."

SMS01 March 10, 2015

For Acne: "This lotion actually stopped my breakouts in one week of usage. By the second week, my skin began to even it's tone. If on the rare occasnio I do have a breakout, the pimple dries out in two days and doesn't leave a scar! It's very costly though for such a small amount of product."

ToriEgypt March 9, 2015

For Acne: "I have very bad acne to the point I was afraid to go out so I went to the dermatologist and he gave me two antibiotics one clindamycin lotion and panoxyl benzoyl peroxide I just started using Monday and 4 days later I see feel difference in my skin I'm so glad I can show my beautiful face."

Marnita January 22, 2015

For Acne: "So happy doctor had prescribed me this"

MarianaRodriguez (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 6, 2014

Clindesse (clindamycin) for Bacterial Vaginitis: "My doc gave me Clindesse as a last resort to my 6 month vaginal discharge issue. Luckily she gave me a free sample. I inserted it on Wednesday night and by Friday afternoon I had a raging yeast infection! Called the doc back and she prescribed Diflucan to counteract the Clindesse induced yeastie. This changed my ongoing symptoms for the worse! Ladies I sincerely hope this med works for most of you but for me, it didn't. For being someone who has never had side effects of any meds this was certainly a first for me."

jcv0213 (taken for less than 1 month) August 2, 2014

For Acne: "I am a 15yr old female and I have had moderate acne for about two years now. I went to a dermatologist who prescribed me Monodox once a day, Cleocin T gel twice a day, and Atralin gel at night. I am About two weeks in and I already notice a huge difference not just in my acne but the overall quality of my skin. At first I had a major breakout (not sure which gel this is due to) and a little bit of drying and peeling but my goal was to be clear by the school year and I am on track! The drying has gone away and I am so excited for this product! Highly recommended!"

El12 July 27, 2014

For Acne: "I love love love this product. It is truly the only thing that has worked for my acne. I am lucky and haven't experienced any side effects. I know that every body is different but I recommend trying it."

Nojudgmenthere (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 29, 2014

For Acne: "I used the liquid version of this product and it worked really well for about 6 months. Then my doctor prescribed the same medication but in a cream version and it's not working at all, instead of clearing my breakouts it makes them worse. It's also making my face extremely oily."

Tinaaa16 December 16, 2013

For Acne: "I got this and was using it twice a day for 3 days. All my big breakouts stopped but it seemed like they were replaced with tiny ones."

okwow November 10, 2013

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I took the cleocin ovules for 3 days and none of the symptoms subsided. I still remained to suffer from the yellowish discharge, and shortly after received blood spotting intermittently."

sarasaras (taken for less than 1 month) October 23, 2013

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "Have been on it since April. Did the 14 days, then twice a week, now once a week and hope to be done in October. Had my Gyn paid attention to me it wouldn't have been so bad. The specialist had to first rile out any cancer as I had uterine cancer surgery the summer of 2012. It was bacterial and I'm getting tired of "still recovering". For the person who said the ovule gets stuck in the applicator, I reread the directions the first time I used it and it said you can use your finger. Much easier."

yemm August 21, 2013

Cleocin Ovules (clindamycin) for Bacterial Vaginitis: "It worked very well on my condition. No awful side effects, since I expected the burning sensation after reading the information abut it. I only had problems keeping the ovule in, since it appears to get stuck in the applicator."

Anonymous March 15, 2012

Clindamax (clindamycin) for Bacterial Vaginitis: "Too bad they took it off the market."

Anonymous December 7, 2011

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I am on the vaginal ovule. This is my second time around. The first one didn't treat it. One of the side effects is that it causes your monthly cycle to mess up. The ovule triggered my cycle to start a week early, so I started on the second day. I don't think I got the full effect of the first pack. I don't like the terrible burning sensation they cause either."

Anonymous October 19, 2011