User Reviews for Clindamycin

Also known as: C/T/S, Cleocin Ovules, Cleocin T, Cleocin Vaginal, Clinda-Derm, Clindacin ETZ, Clindacin P, Clindacin PAC, Clindagel, Clindamax, ClindaReach Pledget, Clindesse, Clindets, Clindets Pledget, Evoclin, ...show all 16 brand names

Learn more about Clindamycin.

Acne 37 reviews 518 medications

7.4
Bacterial Vaginitis 14 reviews 30 medications

6.4
Summary of Clindamycin reviews 51 reviews 6.9

Reviews for Clindamycin

For Acne: "I began to use Clindamycin PH 1% Gel and Sodium Sulfacetamide 10% and Sulfur 5% towards the end of the summer for 2 months for my issues with acne on my chin. I had bumps on other areas of my face but mostly concentrated in my chin. My acne its not severe but its always been an issue, and since I was 12 I always had black heads on my nose and chin. This gel did not work for I didn't notice any change on my face, the pimples, bumps and black heads remained the same, they became more noticeable. It was irritating on my skin and it made my skin extremely oily and since I wear makeup it became an issue. The cleanser I do enjoy, it clears your pores and my skin has never been softer but the gel I do not recommend"

For acne January 20, 2016

For Acne: "I never had bad acne until I started college. This product made me break out 10 times worse for the first 2 months. But thats what its supposed to do. Now I'm on my 3rd month and all of my pimples and bumps are pretty much gone. I was left with some scars but that's also normal and will fade while continuing to use the products. It may seem hopeless at first (trust me) but it really works and its worth it! Good Luck!"

beautyqueen266 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 17, 2016

For Acne: "I had never had acne until I turned 22, an occasional pimple but a suddenly I began getting cystic acne; it was not severe but bad. Honestly, I had tried nearly everything for it. Thankfully I was only getting it on my face, but the cysts kept growing and after trying months of prescription levels and regimens of retin-a, benzoyl peroxide, doxycycline, and a few others- I had no to very little improvement. I was about to be put on acutane- thankfully I asked my doctor about clindamycin. Within a week of starting this my face actually stopped hurting. Within 90 days most of my acne had cleared up with a few deeper cysts that had decreased in size by at least 80%. 6 months later and my skin looks like normal healthy skin again. This stuff truly changed my life and gave me my confidence back. Can not recommend it enough."

Use it!!! December 21, 2015

For Acne: "Clindamycin gel is no more effective than using an over the counter acne medication. Your practitioner will likely couple this topical acne med with benzoyl peroxide (to avoid bacteria resistance). As always, consult with a doctor after 8-12 weeks of using this product. Didn't clear my acne but improved my skin."

Lauren44444 December 14, 2015

For Acne: "Guys! This is a wonder gel! Please try it if you have acne problem. I had acne at the start of the year and everyone started to ask about my acne. I felt ashamed. My cousin recomended this. My skin started clearing after a few weeks. Less than one month!"

Shainas December 7, 2015

For Acne: "I am 17 years old and I have had cystic acne since I was around 12. Just a week ago I started using taro-clindamycin alongside minocycline and retin-a cream. Within the first week of using these prescriptions my face is clearing right up, my skin does tend to get dry but once I wash my face it goes away. This has been a wonder drug, I hope it continues to boost the results!"

Rosae November 22, 2015

For Acne: "It has been an amazing product, I am using this for two years daily and it removed all my pimples and marks, I like this product, no major reaction problems, some times skin may redden, but I rate it 10 out of 10"

nou October 17, 2015

Cleocin Ovules (clindamycin) for Bacterial Vaginitis: "Great! I did the 3 ovule treatment and it was noticeably improved after day 1. This stuff is expensive! The applicator doesn't work; the ovule gets stuck. I was very happy w the results! I don't know if it will reoccur, but time will tell. Going to attack my diet, I wonder if that may make a difference."

AerB September 24, 2015

For Acne: "I don't usually write feedback but this one, I have to say, it really work! I had tried many topical lotions before but nothing worked better than it. It took only around a week to get a noticable result. Yep there are still a few pimples but I believe they will diminish soon too."

Hein Myat Win September 14, 2015

For Acne: "I am from India. I had severe and uncontrolled acne problem arising due to oily skin and bad liver. I was advised Clindac A (Clindamycin phospate) along with Liv52. Not a single acne since I am applying this gel. As on date, I didnot counter any side-effects."

Deepanjan August 24, 2015

For Acne: "Since i started using this cream i am re-leaved from pimples and i noticed one thing in some pimples it take long time to use so its not gonna work always in 3 days sometimes it take more then 3 days it depends in the size of the pimple and how infected it is keep on using it and it will work...."

Sunshineahmed August 24, 2015

For Acne: "I've started & still am, taking this medicine 12 weeks ago, along with minocycline. The fourth week I was using it I thought it got worse, but I kept with the product and over time I saw a major improvement from the first day I took it. It burned and dried out my face the first week, but after that my face was fine. Most of my acne is either gone, light red, or scars, so I'm going back to the dermatologist next week to see what they can do about it. I definitely recommend this product!"

17 yrs. old (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 29, 2015

For Acne: "I started using Clindamycin at the end of April. It took 2 weeks for my acne to start clearing up and 4 weeks for my acne to stop all together. My doctor recommended that I continue to use Clindamycin for 8 weeks after my acne cleared. So I stopped using it this month (July). Highly recommend this medication. Very gentle yet very effective."

Kody12 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 27, 2015

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I've been using this gel off and on, but BV always seems to come back. I think maybe my body is immune to this medication now so I'm going to try metrogel. The first time I used cleocin it worked great for a few months, then of course it came back.. Then I got a yeast infection then after the treatment for the yeast BV would come back. It's a never ending cycle. But the medicine gave me no side effects, and works until it comes back."

Tmopr July 23, 2015

For Acne: "Probably the worst expierance of my life. This product made my acne horrible. It made me break out EVERYWHERE. truly disgusting. Waste of time and money"

disgusting product (taken for less than 1 month) July 17, 2015

For Acne: "Stay away from this med. I have acquired c diff from this at 34 yrs of age and no antibiotics have helped me. I am now out of hope."

Ca. Co. June 28, 2015

For Acne: "My derm gave me this along with minocycline, I had it in the strongest strength and as the topical solution. stopped using going into 2 weeks because all it did was cause severe redness and irritation and made my pimples bleed (I never even popped them or anything) my skin looked horrible. I broke down the whole next week until my skin went back to normal. PS- It burns like heck"

acnesucks455 (taken for less than 1 month) June 5, 2015

For Acne: "I am a 60 year male with adult acne.I feel like I am reliving my teen years. My scalp, my face and my back and neck started to break out. I tried several prescription meds, when I finally used clindamycin topical gel I saw a huge difference in the condition. Now I am mostly all clear and I am also very happy. Also no side effects. I truly hope that everyone could have these results especially you teens.God bless. truly yours, Porkchops 5/21/2015"

tonyv. May 21, 2015

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "So it started a few months ago, thought it was a yeast infection so I decided to treat as such, about a week after I thought it was gone, symptoms flared back up. Went to the doc and she prescribed clindmyacin cream for 7 days. Didn't work, went back a few weeks later and she gave me the same thing. Didn't work. That was about a month ago, and my symptoms come and go. Any advice?"

Vickaaaye May 9, 2015

For Acne: "I've used this for more than a year. My acne situation has not gotten better. It's a whole lot worse, with my skin also being constantly red and oily as well."

already in use? March 10, 2015

For Acne: "My PA prescribed this for me after I complained of bad cystic acne at 30 years old. This medicine has been nothing short of life-changing. It took only a few days before I started seeing my skin clearing up. Now a few months in, I can easily go out without makeup! I honestly feel like a new person."

SMS01 March 10, 2015

For Acne: "This lotion actually stopped my breakouts in one week of usage. By the second week, my skin began to even it's tone. If on the rare occasnio I do have a breakout, the pimple dries out in two days and doesn't leave a scar! It's very costly though for such a small amount of product."

ToriEgypt March 9, 2015

For Acne: "I have very bad acne to the point I was afraid to go out so I went to the dermatologist and he gave me two antibiotics one clindamycin lotion and panoxyl benzoyl peroxide I just started using Monday and 4 days later I see feel difference in my skin I'm so glad I can show my beautiful face."

Marnita January 22, 2015

For Acne: "So happy doctor had prescribed me this"

MarianaRodriguez (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 6, 2014

Clindesse (clindamycin) for Bacterial Vaginitis: "My doc gave me Clindesse as a last resort to my 6 month vaginal discharge issue. Luckily she gave me a free sample. I inserted it on Wednesday night and by Friday afternoon I had a raging yeast infection! Called the doc back and she prescribed Diflucan to counteract the Clindesse induced yeastie. This changed my ongoing symptoms for the worse! Ladies I sincerely hope this med works for most of you but for me, it didn't. For being someone who has never had side effects of any meds this was certainly a first for me."

jcv0213 (taken for less than 1 month) August 2, 2014