User Reviews for Clindamycin

Also known as: C/T/S, Cleocin Ovules, Cleocin T, Cleocin Vaginal, Clinda-Derm, Clindacin P, Clindacin PAC, Clindagel, Clindamax, ClindaReach Pledget, Clindesse, Clindets, Clindets Pledget, Evoclin, Pledgaclin

Learn more about Clindamycin.

Acne 17 reviews 507 medications

Review by MarianaRodriguez (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Acne: So happy doctor had prescribed me this

October 6, 2014 7:55 PM

Review by jcv0213 (taken for less than 1 month):

Clindesse (clindamycin) for Bacterial Vaginitis: My doc gave me Clindesse as a last resort to my 6 month vaginal discharge issue. Luckily she gave me a free sample. I inserted it on Wednesday night and by Friday afternoon I had a raging yeast infection! Called the doc back and she prescribed Diflucan to counteract the Clindesse induced yeastie. This changed my ongoing symptoms for the worse! Ladies I sincerely hope this med works for most of you but for me, it didn't. For being someone who has never had side effects of any meds this was certainly a first for me.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 2, 2014 3:38 AM

Review by El12:

For Acne: I am a 15yr old female and I have had moderate acne for about two years now. I went to a dermatologist who prescribed me Monodox once a day, Cleocin T gel twice a day, and Atralin gel at night. I am About two weeks in and I already notice a huge difference not just in my acne but the overall quality of my skin. At first I had a major breakout (not sure which gel this is due to) and a little bit of drying and peeling but my goal was to be clear by the school year and I am on track! The drying has gone away and I am so excited for this product! Highly recommended!

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 27, 2014 2:15 PM

Review by Nojudgmenthere (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Acne: I love love love this product. It is truly the only thing that has worked for my acne. I am lucky and haven't experienced any side effects. I know that every body is different but I recommend trying it.

March 29, 2014 11:51 PM

Review by Tinaaa16:

For Acne: I used the liquid version of this product and it worked really well for about 6 months. Then my doctor prescribed the same medication but in a cream version and it's not working at all, instead of clearing my breakouts it makes them worse. It's also making my face extremely oily.

December 16, 2013 12:35 AM

Review by okwow:

For Acne: I got this and was using it twice a day for 3 days. All my big breakouts stopped but it seemed like they were replaced with tiny ones.

November 10, 2013 10:56 PM

Review by sarasaras (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bacterial Vaginitis: I took the cleocin ovules for 3 days and none of the symptoms subsided. I still remained to suffer from the yellowish discharge, and shortly after received blood spotting intermittently.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 23, 2013 4:06 AM

Review by yemm:

For Bacterial Vaginitis: Have been on it since April. Did the 14 days, then twice a week, now once a week and hope to be done in October. Had my Gyn paid attention to me it wouldn't have been so bad. The specialist had to first rile out any cancer as I had uterine cancer surgery the summer of 2012. It was bacterial and I'm getting tired of "still recovering". For the person who said the ovule gets stuck in the applicator, I reread the directions the first time I used it and it said you can use your finger. Much easier.

August 21, 2013 11:44 PM

Cleocin Ovules (clindamycin) for Bacterial Vaginitis: It worked very well on my condition. No awful side effects, since I expected the burning sensation after reading the information abut it. I only had problems keeping the ovule in, since it appears to get stuck in the applicator.

March 15, 2012 4:05 PM

Clindamax (clindamycin) for Bacterial Vaginitis: Too bad they took it off the market.

December 7, 2011 11:48 PM

For Bacterial Vaginitis: I am on the vaginal ovule. This is my second time around. The first one didn't treat it. One of the side effects is that it causes your monthly cycle to mess up. The ovule triggered my cycle to start a week early, so I started on the second day. I don't think I got the full effect of the first pack. I don't like the terrible burning sensation they cause either.

October 19, 2011 11:09 AM

Review by ArIckP:

For Acne: I have "backne," and this product works pretty good at keeping it from flaring up. My dermatologist recommended it over products such as Differin since it's so easy to spread -- even if you have hair back there. I don't notice any dryness or stomach problems. It does burn the first couple of times you use it, but that goes away. If you apply it to your back, make sure you also get some kind of tool to reach back there (unless you're lucky enough to have a significant other that will apply it for you). My dermatologist gave me a long stick with a pad on it.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 11, 2011 4:24 PM

For Acne: Works well when combined with Accutane. If you get dry skin, CereVe (availazble at CVS Pharmacy) is great because it's a very thick lotion. It has really cleared up all of my little pimples, but the large pimples still pop up. I use it once a day (at night).

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 12, 2010 12:50 AM

Review by pimplehead:

For Acne: My doctor recently gave me a box full of sample tubes of clindamycin and in 1 week I am starting to see a difference and my face is really clearing up, and so far no side effects. I am really happy with this product.

February 10, 2010 2:55 PM

For Acne: This was a terrible experience. The pharmacist warned me of the side affects but I just thought it would not affect me as other medicines have not. This stuff gave me diarrhea, cramps, and nauseous. My doctor had instructed me to take it for 7 days. After 1.5 days I could not stomach this. I called him and he told me not to take any more of this medicine.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 24, 2010 3:40 PM

Clindesse (clindamycin) for Bacterial Vaginitis: Clindesse didn't work for me -- and it sure was expensive! My doctor prescribed it rather than a less expensive alternative because it's a one-dose treatment. Worked for about a month the first time, then back to doctor. Second time it worked for a week. Wasted a lot of money.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 14, 2009 12:21 AM

Review by Danmelody:

For Acne: This is the only stuff that kills my acne. I really love it. I have been using it for 1.5 months. A lot of improvement. I hope the positive effect can last forever! A little side effect, skin tends to be dry...

December 13, 2009 3:59 PM

Review by AidaK:

For : My 18 yr old son was prescribed Clindamycin Phosphate by the dermatologist for his severe, large, boil like acne, a side effect from all the medication given to him to treat his severe Crohn's Disease. I did not research the drug, but he quit using it on his own. I am now shocked to read the side effects associated with this medication, especially about the colon related ones, since his Crohn's is in his ileum, the worst place to treat. He did have diarrhea when using it, and thankfully he did quit using the medication. Very, very glad this forum is here,to perhaps warn others of this side effect, and to research medications before used!

September 30, 2009 2:26 AM

For Acne: I have been using clindamycin every morning after cleansing my face almost religiously for almost 4 months and I have seen no improvement of my acne. I use Differin gel at night and still no help. All the other reviews say they saw results in days, but I still get many break outs. Also, I'm almost 18 and I just started about 6 months ago breaking out this bad. I had occasional pimples growing up but nothing bad then all of a sudden my face has gotten really bad.

August 26, 2009 4:40 PM

For Acne: I use clindamycin to address shaving irritation and related break-out. The lotion works wonders. Usually within 3-5 days after use I can see a big improvement in shaved areas around my neck and chin. This medicine has solved my problem. My shaved skin looks and feels great even after shaving daily.

June 4, 2009 11:35 PM

Review by feelsgood:

For Bacterial Vaginitis: I used the clindamycin. After day two my symptoms were very minimal. I am only hoping it will get better. I gave this product 8 out of 10 because of unease of use. The ovule would stick in the dispenser so I would have to keep trying over and over which was frustrating. Overall it is good.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 4, 2009 12:04 AM

Clindesse (clindamycin) for Bacterial Vaginitis: I did have bacterial vaginosis. Doctors were treating me for yeast infection. No one did a culture. They even gave me Metronidazole 4 pills in one shot. I developed sensitivity to it. Clindesse cream was smooth, calmed my symptoms and with only one time application my nightmare was gone.

May 21, 2009 10:55 AM

Clindagel (clindamycin) for Acne: Within two weeks of starting to use Clindagel, I had great improvement. I have never had any side effects; I may as well be putting water on my face in that regard, except for how great my skin looks. I have combination skin that's leaning toward needing some anti-aging help, and so I use the gel at night after washing my face, and mix a little of it with my day moisturizer. The other reviewer makes a good point about benzoyl-peroxide. When you need a little more help than the clindamycin, mixing in a little of that really does the trick.

May 17, 2009 10:20 AM

Review by H. D.:

For Acne: Works wonders for my acne, but it takes a while for positive results to occur. I use it twice a day for two weeks straight whenever I get a recurrence of breakouts. Works so much faster and better when used in conjunction with Benzoyl Peroxide. For convenience, I recommend BenzaClin, a double-action gel that contains both Benzoyl Peroxide and Clindamycin as active ingredients.

May 17, 2009 2:28 AM

Review by Crystal Shards:

For Acne: It's worked wonders. I don't use it regularly, but I don't need to. Whenever I get a bad breakout I just use it and within days I'm fine again.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate