User Reviews for Clindamycin

Also known as: C/T/S, Cleocin Ovules, Cleocin T, Cleocin Vaginal, Clinda-Derm, Clindacin ETZ, Clindacin P, Clindacin PAC, Clindagel, Clindamax, ClindaReach Pledget, Clindesse, Clindets, Clindets Pledget, Evoclin, ...show all 16 brand names

Learn more about Clindamycin.

Acne 43 reviews 519 medications

7.5
Bacterial Vaginitis 15 reviews 30 medications

6.6
Summary of Clindamycin reviews 58 reviews 7.0

Reviews for Clindamycin

For Acne: "Personally, I never really had bad acne just here and there kinda thing so when I had brought up it being embarrassing to my doctor she prescribed clindamycin to me and I swear to you it's the best thing that has ever happened to me. I cleared up in a couple weeks and even my scarring was gone. only pitfall is the drying effect. Highly recommend."

Nicole sabler April 18, 2016

Clindesse (clindamycin) for Bacterial Vaginitis: "I had a very pungent odor and was diagnosed with BV. I was a little skeptical about clindesse because oral clindamycin and me do not agree. However, I inserted the clindesse before bed and the next day the odor was not existent. I haven't had any side effects so I'm a fan or this product. If you don't have insurance, it can be a bit pricey. So just go online and print or download the coupon card."

Laurannmill April 16, 2016

For Acne: "Highly recommend for mild acne. I was put on this to treat my mild hormonal break outs. With in a couple days I had results! No redness,drying or any effects. I wish I would have known about this years ago! Going to start my son on this also. I have the topical dabber. Works great!"

Busymom3 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 11, 2016

For Acne: "Do not take this!! Worst experience of my life. Made my acne 100X worse. Also made my face really red and greasy. Not effective AT ALL. I have no idea why my doctor would prescribe me this. Ruined my life, can't stand being seen like this. Try benzoyl peroxide. Much more effective. Dries out your skin, but an easy fix with lotion."

Sam49613 March 29, 2016

For Acne: "I started getting acne after 13 . I tried all sorts of home remedies till i turned 14 . Then one of my friends just casually told me about this gel . I stared using it immediately cuz the skin was going too worse!! Its not a miracle cure for sure ! I mean it won't c;ear your skin overnight but yes patience is required . After 2 weeks or so i saw some results and guess what ? all my acne and their marks were gone with the continuous use 2 or 3 months . i enjoyed my marks and pimple free skin for a couple of months but it was for just 5-6 months or so ! i started getting them again . I increased the usage of this gel and it got worse. It totally stopped working on my skin . And made it badly worse . So use it and once they are gone plz stop!"

srilaxmiraja March 17, 2016

For Acne: "I used to have acne when I was younger then after having my son my skin cleared up. I would get the occasions pimple associated with PMS. Then all of a sudden my skin went bananas! I was breaking out all over my jaw line, knock and chin and they were cystic and hurt very much. I felt uncomfortable and very insecure at 37 yrs old I though my days of hiding due to acne was over. I've been using it for a week now and it has cleared up my skin soooo much. I have to mix it with benzoyl peroxide as well. The only downside it dries the skin and burns a bit by the results are amazing !!"

Alyssa37 March 1, 2016

For Acne: "I've always had clear skin until recently, my skin isn't horrible but I never had to worry about pimples on my face. I have always suffered from chest and back acne. Been using this about a year now. Not one pimple now, this began working at week #1. Everyone skin will react different to products, instead of saying it doesn't work day it didn't work for you, because this product is a winner and wonder healer."

Acne40 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 21, 2016

For Acne: "I began to use Clindamycin PH 1% Gel and Sodium Sulfacetamide 10% and Sulfur 5% towards the end of the summer for 2 months for my issues with acne on my chin. I had bumps on other areas of my face but mostly concentrated in my chin. My acne its not severe but its always been an issue, and since I was 12 I always had black heads on my nose and chin. This gel did not work for I didn't notice any change on my face, the pimples, bumps and black heads remained the same, they became more noticeable. It was irritating on my skin and it made my skin extremely oily and since I wear makeup it became an issue. The cleanser I do enjoy, it clears your pores and my skin has never been softer but the gel I do not recommend"

For acne January 20, 2016

For Acne: "I never had bad acne until I started college. This product made me break out 10 times worse for the first 2 months. But thats what its supposed to do. Now I'm on my 3rd month and all of my pimples and bumps are pretty much gone. I was left with some scars but that's also normal and will fade while continuing to use the products. It may seem hopeless at first (trust me) but it really works and its worth it! Good Luck!"

beautyqueen266 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 17, 2016

For Acne: "I had never had acne until I turned 22, an occasional pimple but a suddenly I began getting cystic acne; it was not severe but bad. Honestly, I had tried nearly everything for it. Thankfully I was only getting it on my face, but the cysts kept growing and after trying months of prescription levels and regimens of retin-a, benzoyl peroxide, doxycycline, and a few others- I had no to very little improvement. I was about to be put on acutane- thankfully I asked my doctor about clindamycin. Within a week of starting this my face actually stopped hurting. Within 90 days most of my acne had cleared up with a few deeper cysts that had decreased in size by at least 80%. 6 months later and my skin looks like normal healthy skin again. This stuff truly changed my life and gave me my confidence back. Can not recommend it enough."

Use it!!! December 21, 2015

For Acne: "Clindamycin gel is no more effective than using an over the counter acne medication. Your practitioner will likely couple this topical acne med with benzoyl peroxide (to avoid bacteria resistance). As always, consult with a doctor after 8-12 weeks of using this product. Didn't clear my acne but improved my skin."

Lauren44444 December 14, 2015

For Acne: "Guys! This is a wonder gel! Please try it if you have acne problem. I had acne at the start of the year and everyone started to ask about my acne. I felt ashamed. My cousin recomended this. My skin started clearing after a few weeks. Less than one month!"

Shainas December 7, 2015

For Acne: "I am 17 years old and I have had cystic acne since I was around 12. Just a week ago I started using taro-clindamycin alongside minocycline and retin-a cream. Within the first week of using these prescriptions my face is clearing right up, my skin does tend to get dry but once I wash my face it goes away. This has been a wonder drug, I hope it continues to boost the results!"

Rosae November 22, 2015

For Acne: "It has been an amazing product, I am using this for two years daily and it removed all my pimples and marks, I like this product, no major reaction problems, some times skin may redden, but I rate it 10 out of 10"

nou October 17, 2015

Cleocin Ovules (clindamycin) for Bacterial Vaginitis: "Great! I did the 3 ovule treatment and it was noticeably improved after day 1. This stuff is expensive! The applicator doesn't work; the ovule gets stuck. I was very happy w the results! I don't know if it will reoccur, but time will tell. Going to attack my diet, I wonder if that may make a difference."

AerB September 24, 2015

For Acne: "I don't usually write feedback but this one, I have to say, it really work! I had tried many topical lotions before but nothing worked better than it. It took only around a week to get a noticable result. Yep there are still a few pimples but I believe they will diminish soon too."

Hein Myat Win September 14, 2015

For Acne: "I am from India. I had severe and uncontrolled acne problem arising due to oily skin and bad liver. I was advised Clindac A (Clindamycin phospate) along with Liv52. Not a single acne since I am applying this gel. As on date, I didnot counter any side-effects."

Deepanjan August 24, 2015

For Acne: "Since i started using this cream i am re-leaved from pimples and i noticed one thing in some pimples it take long time to use so its not gonna work always in 3 days sometimes it take more then 3 days it depends in the size of the pimple and how infected it is keep on using it and it will work...."

Sunshineahmed August 24, 2015

For Acne: "I've started & still am, taking this medicine 12 weeks ago, along with minocycline. The fourth week I was using it I thought it got worse, but I kept with the product and over time I saw a major improvement from the first day I took it. It burned and dried out my face the first week, but after that my face was fine. Most of my acne is either gone, light red, or scars, so I'm going back to the dermatologist next week to see what they can do about it. I definitely recommend this product!"

17 yrs. old (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 29, 2015

For Acne: "I started using Clindamycin at the end of April. It took 2 weeks for my acne to start clearing up and 4 weeks for my acne to stop all together. My doctor recommended that I continue to use Clindamycin for 8 weeks after my acne cleared. So I stopped using it this month (July). Highly recommend this medication. Very gentle yet very effective."

Kody12 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 27, 2015

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I've been using this gel off and on, but BV always seems to come back. I think maybe my body is immune to this medication now so I'm going to try metrogel. The first time I used cleocin it worked great for a few months, then of course it came back.. Then I got a yeast infection then after the treatment for the yeast BV would come back. It's a never ending cycle. But the medicine gave me no side effects, and works until it comes back."

Tmopr July 23, 2015

For Acne: "Probably the worst expierance of my life. This product made my acne horrible. It made me break out EVERYWHERE. truly disgusting. Waste of time and money"

disgusting product (taken for less than 1 month) July 17, 2015

For Acne: "Stay away from this med. I have acquired c diff from this at 34 yrs of age and no antibiotics have helped me. I am now out of hope."

Ca. Co. June 28, 2015

For Acne: "My derm gave me this along with minocycline, I had it in the strongest strength and as the topical solution. stopped using going into 2 weeks because all it did was cause severe redness and irritation and made my pimples bleed (I never even popped them or anything) my skin looked horrible. I broke down the whole next week until my skin went back to normal. PS- It burns like heck"

acnesucks455 (taken for less than 1 month) June 5, 2015

For Acne: "I am a 60 year male with adult acne.I feel like I am reliving my teen years. My scalp, my face and my back and neck started to break out. I tried several prescription meds, when I finally used clindamycin topical gel I saw a huge difference in the condition. Now I am mostly all clear and I am also very happy. Also no side effects. I truly hope that everyone could have these results especially you teens.God bless. truly yours, Porkchops 5/21/2015"

tonyv. May 21, 2015