Revalor-100 (Canada)This page contains information on Revalor-100 for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Revalor-100 Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Revalor-100
- Direction and dosage information for Revalor-100
Revalor-100This treatment applies to the following species:
Trenbolone acetate 100 mg/estradiol 10 mg
Veterinary Use Only
Revalor®-100 is an implant containing 100 mg of trenbolone acetate and 10 mg estradiol. Each implant consists of 5 small yellow pellets.
Each pellet contains 20 mg trenbolone acetate and 2 mg estradiol.
4.25 mg cholesterol, 0.5 mg magnesium stearate, 0.25 mg ethylcellulose N200.
To increase rate of weight gain and improve feed efficiency in steers and heifers.
The administration of Revalor®-100 can result in decreased marbling compared to non-implanted steers and heifers. Efficacy was confirmed in growth promotion trials conducted in steers weighing between 300-450 kg at the time of implantation and heifers weighing between 295-340 kg at the time of implantation.
Revalor-100 Dosage And Administration
One implant containing 100 mg trenbolone acetate and 10 mg estradiol is administered to each animal.
The 5 pellets which make up the dosage of Revalor®-100 are contained in one division of the multiple dose cartridge. Ten doses are in each cartridge. The cartridge is designed to be used with the Revalor® implant gun.
a) Site of Administration:
The implant is placed under the skin on the posterior aspect of the ear by means of the Revalor® implanter available from Intervet Canada Corp. After properly restraining the animal to allow access to the ear, cleanse the skin at the implant needle puncture site. The implant is placed subcutaneously between the skin and cartilage on the back, middle third of the ear below the midline (see Fig. 1). The implant must not be placed closer to the head than the outer edge of the cartilage ring. The location of needle insertion is at a point corresponding to the center of the ear with the needle directed towards the head, and at least a needle length away from the intended deposition site (see Fig. 2). Care should be taken to avoid injuring the major blood vessels or cartilage of the ear.
Ear of Bovine Ready for Implantation.
Rear view of the bovine ear showing the site for insertion of the implanter needle.
b) Method of Administration:
1. Do not remove the cap of the cartridge containing the implants (labelled C on the Fig. 3 diagram).
2. Place the cartridge (D) (with the capped end to the front) into slot at the top of the implanter magazine (labelled A on the diagram).
3. Gently push the cartridge into the slot until it clicks into place.
4. The implanter is now ready for use.
5. Take the ear of the animal firmly with the free hand in the manner shown in Figure 1. Then insert the needle into the subcutaneous tissue at the point indicated in Figure 2. Press the trigger (labelled E on the Fig. 3 diagram).
6. The retraction bar will automatically withdraw the needle from the ear aiding in depositing the pellets of the implant in a single row.
7. The gun automatically advances the cartridge to the next implant.
8. When all the implants have been administered, the cartridge will fall out of the bottom of the magazine and may be replaced by a new one.
9. To change the needle, loosen the needle locking nut (labelled F in figure 3) and replace the needle. Tighten the nut finger tight and the implanter is ready for use.
Diagram of the implanter and cartridge.
Do not use in animals intended for subsequent breeding.
Do not use in calves to be processed for veal. Implant pellets in the ear only. Do not attempt salvage of implant site for human or animal food. Do not use in dairy cattle. Keep out of reach of children.
Store the unopened product below 25°C. Do not freeze. Store the opened product under refrigeration (2-8°C). Do not use the opened product after 6 months.
Box of 10 cartridges x 10 implants (100 implants).
Intervet Canada Corp., 16750, route Transcanadienne, Kirkland, QC H9H 4M7
Intervet Canada Corp., Subsidiary of Merck & Co., Inc.
® Registered trademark of Intervet International B.V. Used under license.
NAC No.: 1208272.1
Intervet Canada Corp.
16750 ROUTE TRANSCANADIENNE, KIRKLAND, QC, H9H 4M7
|Fax:||Toll-free 888-498-4444; local 514-428-7014|
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Revalor-100 information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the Canadian product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2019 Animalytix LLC. Updated: 2019-05-31