Newhatch-C2-MThis page contains information on Newhatch-C2-M for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Newhatch-C2-M Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Newhatch-C2-M
- Direction and dosage information for Newhatch-C2-M
Newhatch-C2-MThis treatment applies to the following species:
READ IN FULL
B1 Type, C2 Strain, Mass Type, Live Virus
This live virus vaccine is prepared from a B1 Type C2 Strain of Newcastle disease virus and a mild Massachusetts strain of Infectious Bronchitis virus. The viruses have been propagated using SPF substrates.
Newhatch-C2-M Indications For Use
This vaccine is recommended for the vaccination of healthy chickens one day of age or older by coarse spray administration as an aid in the prevention of disease due to Newcastle Disease and Massachusetts type bronchitis virus.
Many factors must be considered in determining a sound vaccination program for a particular farm or poultry complex. To be fully effective, the vaccine must be administered properly to healthy, receptive chickens maintained in a proper environment under good management. In addition, the response may be influenced by the age of the chickens and their immune status. Seldom does one live virus vaccination under field conditions produce lifetime protection for all individuals in a given flock. The level of immunity required will vary with operational practices and the degree of exposure. Therefore, a program of periodic revaccinations may be necessary.
Preparation Of Vaccine
For Coarse Spray
DO NOT OPEN AND MIX THE VACCINE UNTIL READY TO BEGIN VACCINATION. USE VACCINE IMMEDIATELY AFTER MIXING.
1. Remove the tear-off seal and stopper from the vial containing the lyophilized vaccine.
2. Carefully pour clean, cool, non-chlorinated tap water into the vaccine vial until the vial is approximately two-thirds full.
3. Insert the rubber stopper and shake vigorously until all material is dissolved.
4. The vaccine is now ready for coarse spray use in accordance with the following directions. For best results, be sure to follow directions carefully!
COARSE SPRAY ADMINISTRATION - For Chickens One Day of Age or Older
1. Use rehydrated vaccine as indicated for specific coarse spray vaccination machine. For example, a machine which dispenses 20 ml to a box of 100 chickens - total volume for 10,000 doses is 2,000 ml of deionized water. Mix thoroughly.
2. Add the prepared vaccine solution to reservoir on the machine.
3. Prime and adjust machine as instructed in manual accompanying the specific machine.
4. Place boxes holding 100 chickens each on the conveyor belt or in machine. Activate spray head.
1. VACCINATE ONLY HEALTHY CHICKENS. Although disease may not be evident, Coccidiosis, Mycoplasma infection, Infectious Bursal disease, Chicken Infectious Anemia, Reovirus infection, Marek’s disease and other disease conditions may cause complications or reduce immunity.
2. All susceptible chickens on the same premises should be vaccinated at the same time.
3. The revaccination of laying hens with live Newcastle/Bronchitis vaccine may be detrimental to the flock and cannot be generally recommended. This caution applies to all live Newcastle/Bronchitis vaccines currently available. Consult your representative for more information.
4. Efforts should be taken to reduce stress conditions at the time of vaccination and during the post-vaccination period.
5. Do not spill or splash the vaccine.
6. Do not dilute the vaccine or otherwise stretch the dosage.
7. Use entire contents when first opened.
8. Do not vaccinate within 21 days before slaughter.
9. Burn containers and all unused contents.
10. Avoid exposure of this vaccine to sunlight.
11. Do not use less than 1 dose per bird.
12. This vaccine contains gentamicin as a preservative.
13. WARNING: Newcastle virus occasionally causes conjunctivitis in humans. Avoid any contact of vaccine with eyes.
14. FOR VETERINARY USE ONLY.
This vaccine has undergone rigid potency, safety and purity tests, and meets Intervet Inc., U.S. and local requirements. It is designed to stimulate effective immunity when used as directed, but the user must be advised that the response to the product depends upon many factors, including, but not limited to, conditions of storage and handling by the user, administration of the vaccine, health and responsiveness of individual chickens and the degree of field exposure. Therefore, directions should be followed carefully.
This product is not hazardous when used according to directions supplied. A material safety data sheet (MSDS) is available upon request. This and any other consumer information can be obtained by calling Customer Service at 1-800-211-3573 (U.S) or 1-888-306-0069 (Canada).
Keep a record of vaccine, quantity, serial number, expiration date and place of purchase; the date and time of vaccination; the number, age, breed and locations of chickens; names of operators performing the vaccination and any observed reactions.
10 X 10,000 Doses
The use of this vaccine is subject to applicable federal and local laws and regulations.
USE ONLY AS DIRECTED
STORE VACCINE BETWEEN 2 AND 7°C (35 and 45°F)
THIS PRODUCT IS NONRETURNABLE
QUALITY tested for Purity, Potency and Safety
INTERVET INC., Omaha, NE 68103 U.S.A.
U.S. Veterinary License No. 165A
U.S. Patent No. 5,750,111
NAC No.: 10474262
2 GIRALDA FARMS, MADISON, NJ, 07940
|Technical Service (Companion Animal):||800-224-5318|
|Technical Service (Livestock):||800-211-3573|
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Newhatch-C2-M information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the US product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2016 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2016-10-31