Forte MicroThis page contains information on Forte Micro for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Forte Micro Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Forte Micro
- Direction and dosage information for Forte Micro
Forte MicroThis treatment applies to the following species:
Aeromonas Salmonicida-Vibrio Anguillarum-Ordalii-Salmonicida Bacterin
For Use in Fish Only
Forte Micro Indications
This product has been shown to be effective for the vaccination of healthy salmonids 10g or larger against furunculosis caused by Aeromonas salmonicida, vibriosis caused by strains of Vibrio anguillarum and Vibrio ordalii, and cold water vibriosis caused by strains of Vibrio salmonicida. The duration of immunity of this product has not been determined. For more information regarding efficacy and safety data, see productdata.aphis.usda.gov.
CompositionContains formalin inactivated cultures of Aeromonas salmonicida, Vibrio anguillarum serotypes I & II, Vibrio ordalii and Vibrio salmonicida serotypes I & II in liquid emulsion with an oil based adjuvant.
Dosage and AdministrationWithhold food from fish for 48 hours prior to vaccination. Allowing the vaccine to warm to room temperature (15-20°C) may facilitate injection. Anesthetize fish to immobilize and administer a 0.05 mL injection intraperitoneally one fin length ahead of the pelvic fins along the midline.
Vaccination Program: Vaccination should precede exposure of vaccinates to the disease agents by 400 degree-days (number of days multiplied by the mean water temperature (°C) during period). As with any vaccination, fish undergo stressful conditions that can cause fungal infections in salmonids. Normal precautionary fungal treatment measures should be taken pre and post vaccination to help prevent fungal infections. This product should be used as part of a comprehensive fish health program in consultation with a licensed veterinarian.
1. Shake well before use. Do not mix with other products.
2. Store in original container at 2-8°C (35-46°F). DO NOT FREEZE.
3. Use entire contents when first opened.
4. Vaccinate healthy fish only.
5. Do not vaccinate within 60 days of slaughter.
6. If accidental injection of the operator occurs, the operator should seek medical attention immediately. In case of any human exposure, contact a physician.
7. Dispose of any unused product according to local waste disposal regulations and/or requirements.
Manufacturer: Elanco Canada Limited, Charlottetown, PE, Canada C1E 2A7
Can. Vet. Biol. Est. Lic. No. 40
Forte Micro, Elanco and the diagonal bar logo are trademarks of Elanco or its affiliates.
Distributed in the US by: Elanco US, Inc., Fort Dodge, IA 50501
(US VPN 303A / PCN 2138.02) 1-800-265-5475
500 mL (10,000 doses)
Distributed by ELANCO US, INC.
2500 INNOVATION WAY, GREENFIELD, IN, 46140
Copyright © 2023 Animalytix LLC. Updated: 2023-05-30