Bursine-2This page contains information on Bursine-2 for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Bursine-2 Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Bursine-2
- Direction and dosage information for Bursine-2
Bursine-2This treatment applies to the following species:
Bursal Disease Vaccine
Read in full, follow directions carefully.
For Veterinary Use Only.
This product has been shown to be effective for the vaccination of healthy chickens 7 days of age or older against infectious bursal disease (IBD). Duration of immunity has not been established. For more information regarding efficacy and safety data, go to productdata.aphis.usda.gov.
Store at 2°-8°C. Prolonged exposure to higher temperatures and/or direct sunlight may adversely affect potency. Do not freeze.
Use entire contents when first opened.
Inactivate unused contents before disposal.
Do not vaccinate within 21 days before slaughter.
Contains gentamicin as preservative.
Do not mix with other products, except as specified on the label.
In case of human exposure, contact a physician.
Use only in states where permitted and on premises with a history of infectious bursal disease.
Chickens: Vaccinate healthy chickens via the drinking water at 7 days of age or older.
Breeders: When used as a primer for an inactivated IBD vaccine, Bursine-2 should be administered via the drinking water 6 to 8 weeks prior to administration of an inactivated product.
Directions For Use
1. Discontinue use of medications or sanitizing agents in the drinking water 24 hours before vaccinating. Do not resume use for 24 hours following vaccination.
2. Water used for the drinking water administration of a live virus vaccine must be non-chlorinated.
3. Provide enough waterers so two-thirds of the birds may drink at one time. Scrub waterers with fresh, clean, non-chlorinated water and use no disinfectants. Let waterers drain dry.
4. Turn off automatic waterers, so the only available water is the vaccine water. Do not give vaccine water through medication tanks.
5. Withhold water for 2 to 4 hours before vaccinating. Do not deprive the birds of water if the temperature is extremely high.
6. Remove seal from vaccine vial.
7. Remove stopper and half-fill vial with clean, cool, non-chlorinated water.
8. Replace stopper and shake until dissolved.
9. Use a clean container two thirds filled with cool, clean, non-chlorinated water. Add dried milk at the rate of one ounce (28.4 gm) per 2 U.S. gallons (7.6 liters). Use 1-2 gallons (3.8-7.6 liters) of this solution for 1,000 doses of vaccine.
10. Add the rehydrated vaccine to the powdered milk solution and stir thoroughly.
11. Distribute the final volume of vaccine water evenly among the clean waterers. Do not place the waterers in direct sunlight. Resume regular water administration only after all the vaccine water has been consumed.
This product should be stored, transported, and administered in accordance with the instructions and directions. Use only in states where permitted and on premises with a history of infectious bursal disease.
Contains gentamicin as a preservative.
Keep a record of vaccine serial number and expiration date, date of receipt and date of vaccination, where vaccination takes place, and any reactions observed.
THIS PRODUCT IS NONRETURNABLE.
Technical inquiries should be directed to Zoetis Inc. Veterinary Services, (888) 963-8471.
VLN 190/PCN 1271.10
Zoetis Inc., Kalamazoo, MI 49007, USA
List No. 1510528000: 10 x 10,000 Doses
333 PORTAGE STREET, KALAMAZOO, MI, 49007
Copyright © 2023 Animalytix LLC. Updated: 2023-05-30