Zotex-12D Side Effects
Generic name: chlorpheniramine / dextromethorphan / phenylephrine
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Oct 4, 2022.
Note: This document contains side effect information about chlorpheniramine / dextromethorphan / phenylephrine. Some dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name Zotex-12D.
Applies to chlorpheniramine / dextromethorphan / phenylephrine: oral liquid, oral solution, oral syrup.
Serious side effects of Zotex-12D
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Other side effects of Zotex-12D
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother you or do not go away:
- Feeling nervous and excitable.
- Not able to sleep.
- Feeling sleepy.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-332-1088. You may also report side effects at https://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
For Healthcare Professionals
Cardiovascular side effects have included cardiac arrhythmias, increased heart rate, and increased blood pressure.[Ref]
General side effects have included weakness and pallor.[Ref]
Respiratory side effects have included respiratory difficulties.[Ref]
Ocular side effects have included diplopia.[Ref]
More about Zotex-12D (chlorpheniramine / dextromethorphan / phenylephrine)
- Check interactions
- Imprints, shape & color data
- Dosage information
- During pregnancy
- Drug class: upper respiratory combinations
Related treatment guides
1. "Product Information. Rondec-DM (chlorpheniramine/dextromethorp/phenylephrine)." Alliant Pharmaceuticals Inc (2022):
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.