Sulfoxyl Regular Side Effects
Generic Name: benzoyl peroxide / sulfur topical
Note: This document contains side effect information about benzoyl peroxide / sulfur topical. Some of the dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name Sulfoxyl Regular.
For the Consumer
Applies to benzoyl peroxide/sulfur topical: external gel
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Very bad skin irritation.
What are some other side effects of this drug?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother you or do not go away:
- Skin irritation.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to benzoyl peroxide/sulfur topical: topical gel, topical lotion
Dermatologic side effects have most frequently included excessive erythema and peeling (5%).[Ref]
Hypersensitivity reactions in the form of contact sensitization have been reported and are expected to occur in 1% to 2.5% of patients.[Ref]
1. "Product Information. Sulfoxyl Lotion (benzoyl peroxide-sulfur topical)" Stiefel Laboratories Inc, Coral Gables, FL.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.
More about Sulfoxyl Regular (benzoyl peroxide / sulfur topical)
- Sulfoxyl Regular Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- 0 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: topical acne agents
Other brands: NuOx