Panhematin Side Effects
Generic Name: hemin
Note: This document contains side effect information about hemin. Some of the dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name Panhematin.
For the Consumer
Applies to hemin: intravenous powder for solution
Along with its needed effects, hemin (the active ingredient contained in Panhematin) may cause some unwanted effects. Although not all of these side effects may occur, if they do occur they may need medical attention.
Check with your doctor or nurse immediately if any of the following side effects occur while taking hemin:Less common
- Bluish color
- changes in skin color
- itching, pain, redness, swelling, tenderness, or warmth on the skin
- redness or pain at the catheter site
- swelling of the foot or leg tenderness
- Back pain
- black, tarry stools
- bleeding gums
- blood in the urine or stools
- dark urine
- decreased urination
- irregular heartbeat
- pinpoint red spots on the skin
- stomach pain
- unusual bleeding or bruising
- yellow eyes or skin
Some side effects of hemin may occur that usually do not need medical attention. These side effects may go away during treatment as your body adjusts to the medicine. Also, your health care professional may be able to tell you about ways to prevent or reduce some of these side effects. Check with your health care professional if any of the following side effects continue or are bothersome or if you have any questions about them:More common
- Dry, red, hot, or irritated skin
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to hemin: intravenous powder for injection
1. "Product Information. Panhematin (hemin)." Abbott Pharmaceutical, Abbott Park, IL.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.
More about Panhematin (hemin)
- Panhematin Side Effects
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 1 Review – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: miscellaneous uncategorized agents