Oxymetazoline topical Side Effects
For the Consumer
Applies to oxymetazoline topical: topical application cream
Along with its needed effects, oxymetazoline topical may cause some unwanted effects. Although not all of these side effects may occur, if they do occur they may need medical attention.
Check with your doctor immediately if any of the following side effects occur while taking oxymetazoline topical:Less common
- Blistering, crusting, irritation, itching, or reddening of the skin
- cracked, dry, scaly skin
- swelling or pain at the application site
- worsening of rosacea pimples
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to oxymetazoline topical: topical cream
Common (1% to 10%): Worsening inflammatory lesions of rosacea[Ref]
1. "Product Information. Rhofade (oxymetazoline topical)." Allergan Inc, Irvine, CA.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.
More about oxymetazoline topical
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- En Español
- 23 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: topical anti-rosacea agents
Other brands: Rhofade