Nalex Expectorant Side Effects
Generic Name: guaifenesin / hydrocodone / pseudoephedrine
Note: This page contains side effects data for the generic drug guaifenesin / hydrocodone / pseudoephedrine. It is possible that some of the dosage forms included below may not apply to the brand name Nalex Expectorant.
For the Consumer
Applies to guaifenesin / hydrocodone / pseudoephedrine: oral elixir, oral liquid, oral solution, oral syrup, oral tablet
As well as its needed effects, guaifenesin / hydrocodone / pseudoephedrine may cause unwanted side effects that require medical attention.
Major Side Effects
If any of the following side effects occur while taking guaifenesin / hydrocodone / pseudoephedrine, check with your doctor immediately:Incidence not known:
- Abdominal or stomach cramps or pain
- blurred vision
- chest pain or discomfort
- cold, clammy, pale skin
- difficult or troubled breathing
- dizziness, faintness, or lightheadedness when getting up suddenly from a lying or sitting position
- fast, slow, or irregular heartbeat
- irregular, fast or slow, or shallow breathing
- pale or blue lips, fingernails, or skin
- shakiness in the legs, arms, hands, or feet
- slow heart rate
- trembling or shaking of the hands or feet
- unusual tiredness or weakness
Minor Side Effects
Some guaifenesin / hydrocodone / pseudoephedrine side effects may not need any medical attention. As your body gets used to the medicine these side effects may disappear. Your health care professional may be able to help you prevent or reduce these side effects, but do check with them if any of the following side effects continue, or if you are concerned about them:More common:
- feeling of warmth
- redness of the face, neck, arms, and occasionally, upper chest
- relaxed and calm
- sudden sweating
- Trouble sleeping
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to guaifenesin / hydrocodone / pseudoephedrine: oral liquid, oral tablet
1. "Product Information. Dynex HD (guaifenesin / hydrocodone / pseudoephedrine)." Athlon Pharmaceuticals Inc, Birmingham, AL.
2. "Product Information. Entex HC (guaifenesin / hydrocodone / pseudoephedrine)." Athlon Pharmaceuticals Inc, Birmingham, AL.
It is possible that some side effects of Nalex Expectorant may not have been reported. These can be reported to the FDA here. Always consult a healthcare professional for medical advice.
More about Nalex Expectorant (guaifenesin / hydrocodone / pseudoephedrine)
- Side Effects
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- En Español
- 0 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: upper respiratory combinations
Related treatment guides
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. In addition, the drug information contained herein may be time sensitive and should not be utilized as a reference resource beyond the date hereof. This material does not endorse drugs, diagnose patients, or recommend therapy. This information is a reference resource designed as supplement to, and not a substitute for, the expertise, skill , knowledge, and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate safety, effectiveness, or appropriateness for any given patient. Drugs.com does not assume any responsibility for any aspect of healthcare administered with the aid of materials provided. The information contained herein is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, warnings, drug interactions, allergic reactions, or adverse effects. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.