Myco Biotic II Side Effects
Generic name: nystatin / triamcinolone topical
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Aug 9, 2021.
Note: This document contains side effect information about nystatin / triamcinolone topical. Some of the dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name Myco Biotic II.
For the Consumer
Applies to nystatin/triamcinolone topical: topical cream, topical ointment
Side effects requiring immediate medical attention
- Blistering, burning, dryness, itching, peeling, or other sign of irritation not present before use of this medicine
Check with your doctor as soon as possible if any of the following side effects occur while taking nystatin/triamcinolone topical:
Many of the above side effects are more likely to occur in children, who may absorb greater amounts of this medicine.
- Acne or oily skin
- increased hair growth, especially on the face
- increased loss of hair, especially on the scalp
- reddish purple lines on arms, face, legs, trunk, or groin
- thinning of skin with easy bruising
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to nystatin / triamcinolone topical: topical cream, topical ointment
Frequency not reported: Acneiform eruption
-Frequency not reported: Irritation
-Frequency not reported: Burning, itching, irritation, dryness, folliculitis, hypertrichosis, acneiform eruptions, hypopigmentation, perioral dermatitis, allergic contact dermatitis, skin maceration, perioral secondary infection, skin atrophy, striae, miliaria[Ref]
-Frequency not reported: Reversible hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis suppression[Ref]
-Frequency not reported: Cushing's syndrome, hyperglycemia
-Frequency not reported: Glycosuria
More about Myco Biotic II (nystatin / triamcinolone topical)
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Drug class: topical steroids with anti-infectives
Related treatment guides
1. "Product Information. Mycolog II (nystatin-triamcinolone topical)" Apothecon Inc, Princeton, NJ.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.