Lodocort Aloe Side Effects
Generic name: hydrocortisone / iodoquinol topical
Note: This document contains side effect information about hydrocortisone / iodoquinol topical. Some of the dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name Lodocort Aloe.
Applies to hydrocortisone / iodoquinol topical: topical application cream
Side effects requiring immediate medical attention
Along with its needed effects, hydrocortisone / iodoquinol topical may cause some unwanted effects. Although not all of these side effects may occur, if they do occur they may need medical attention.
Check with your doctor immediately if any of the following side effects occur while taking hydrocortisone / iodoquinol topical:
Incidence not known
- Blistering, burning, crusting, dryness, flaking, scaling, severe redness, soreness, or swelling of the skin
- burning and itching of the skin with pinhead-sized red blisters
- burning, itching, and pain in hairy areas, or pus at the root of hair
- reddish purple lines on the arms, face, legs, trunk, or groin
- redness and scaling around the mouth
- softening of the skin
- thinning of the skin with easy bruising, especially when used on the face or where the skin folds together (eg, between the fingers)
Side effects not requiring immediate medical attention
Some side effects of hydrocortisone / iodoquinol topical may occur that usually do not need medical attention. These side effects may go away during treatment as your body adjusts to the medicine. Also, your health care professional may be able to tell you about ways to prevent or reduce some of these side effects.
Check with your health care professional if any of the following side effects continue or are bothersome or if you have any questions about them:
Incidence not known
- Acne or pimples
- increased hair growth on the forehead, back, arms, and legs
- lightening of normal skin color
- lightening of the treated areas of dark skin
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Dec 25, 2020.
More about Lodocort Aloe (hydrocortisone / iodoquinol topical)
Related treatment guides
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.