Lipsovir Side Effects
Generic Name: acyclovir / hydrocortisone topical
Note: This document contains side effect information about acyclovir / hydrocortisone topical. Some of the dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name Lipsovir.
For the Consumer
Applies to acyclovir/hydrocortisone topical: topical application cream
- Burning, itching, redness, rash, swelling, soreness, or tingling at the application site
- change in skin color at the application site
- dryness or flaking of the skin
- flushing or redness of the skin
- unusually warm skin
Incidence Not Known
- Blistering, burning, or crusting of the skin
- itching, scaling, severe redness, soreness, or swelling of the skin
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to acyclovir / hydrocortisone topical: topical cream
The most frequently reported side effects were local skin reactions and included drying or flaking of the skin; burning or tingling; erythema; pigmentation changes; and application site reactions including signs/symptoms of inflammation.[Ref]
Frequency not reported: Contact allergy, sensitization[Ref]
1. "Product Information. Xerese (acyclovir-hydrocortisone topical)." Meda Pharmaceuticals, Somerset, NJ.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.