Lipsovir Side Effects
Generic name: acyclovir / hydrocortisone topical
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Feb 18, 2021.
Note: This document contains side effect information about acyclovir / hydrocortisone topical. Some of the dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name Lipsovir.
For the Consumer
Applies to acyclovir/hydrocortisone topical: topical application cream
Side effects requiring immediate medical attention
- Burning, itching, redness, rash, swelling, soreness, or tingling at the application site
- change in skin color at the application site
- dryness or flaking of the skin
- flushing or redness of the skin
- unusually warm skin
Incidence not known
- Blistering, burning, or crusting of the skin
- itching, scaling, severe redness, soreness, or swelling of the skin
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to acyclovir / hydrocortisone topical: topical cream
The most frequently reported side effects were local skin reactions and included drying or flaking of the skin; burning or tingling; erythema; pigmentation changes; and application site reactions including signs/symptoms of inflammation.[Ref]
Frequency not reported: Contact allergy, sensitization[Ref]
More about Lipsovir (acyclovir / hydrocortisone topical)
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Drug class: topical steroids with anti-infectives
- FDA Approval History
- Other brands
Related treatment guides
1. "Product Information. Xerese (acyclovir-hydrocortisone topical)." Meda Pharmaceuticals, Somerset, NJ.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.