Immune globulin intramuscular Side Effects
For the Consumer
Applies to immune globulin intramuscular: intramuscular injectable
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
What are some other side effects of this drug?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother you or do not go away:
- Irritation where this drug is given.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to immune globulin intramuscular: intramuscular solution
Frequency not reported: Injection site pain, injection site tenderness, injection site erythema, injection site stiffness, induration, local warmth/heat when touched, local bruising, local irritation[Ref]
Frequency not reported: Anaphylaxis, allergic response
Anaphylaxis is more likely if this product is given intravenously.[Ref]
Frequency not reported: Chills[Ref]
Frequency not reported: Malaise, sensation of fever, mild pyrexia[Ref]
1. "Product Information. Gamastan S/D (immune globulin intramuscular)." Grifols Therapeutics, Clayton, NC.
2. Cerner Multum, Inc. "Australian Product Information." O 0
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.
More about immune globulin intramuscular
- Immune globulin intramuscular Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- En Español
- 0 Reviews
- Drug class: immune globulins