Helixate FS Side Effects
Generic name: antihemophilic factor
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Sep 29, 2022.
Note: This document contains side effect information about antihemophilic factor. Some dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name Helixate FS.
Common side effects of Helixate FS include: pruritus, skin rash, and urticaria. Continue reading for a comprehensive list of adverse effects.
Applies to antihemophilic factor: intravenous powder for solution.
Serious side effects of Helixate FS
Along with its needed effects, antihemophilic factor (the active ingredient contained in Helixate FS) may cause some unwanted effects. Although not all of these side effects may occur, if they do occur they may need medical attention.
Check with your doctor immediately if any of the following side effects occur while taking antihemophilic factor:
Less common or rare
- Changes in facial skin color
- fast or irregular breathing
- puffiness or swelling of the eyelids or around the eyes
- sensation of burning, warmth, heat, numbness, tightness, or tingling
- skin rash, hives, or itching
- tightness in the chest
- trouble breathing
- unusual tiredness or weakness
Incidence not known
- Bluish color of the fingernails, lips, skin, palms, or nail beds
- blurred vision
- chest pain or discomfort
- deep or fast breathing with dizziness
- difficult or labored breathing
- difficulty with swallowing
- dizziness, faintness, or lightheadedness when getting up suddenly from a lying or sitting position
- fast, pounding, or irregular heartbeat or pulse
- noisy breathing
- numbness of the feet, hands, and around the mouth
- puffiness or swelling of the eyelids or around the eyes, face, lips, or tongue
- slow or irregular heartbeat
- swelling of the face, throat, or tongue
Other side effects of Helixate FS
Some side effects of antihemophilic factor may occur that usually do not need medical attention. These side effects may go away during treatment as your body adjusts to the medicine. Also, your health care professional may be able to tell you about ways to prevent or reduce some of these side effects.
Check with your health care professional if any of the following side effects continue or are bothersome or if you have any questions about them:
- Burning, stinging, or swelling at the injection site
- dizziness or lightheadedness
- dry mouth or bad taste in the mouth
- lack or loss of strength
- redness of the face
- Change in taste
- loss of taste
Incidence not known
- Feeling of warmth
- increased sweating
- muscle or bone pain
- redness of the eye
- redness of the face, neck, arms, and occasionally, upper chest
- redness of the skin
- stomach pain
- trouble seeing
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to antihemophilic factor: intravenous kit, intravenous powder for injection.
Postmarketing reports: Generalized tonic-clonic seizure[Ref]
More about Helixate FS (antihemophilic factor)
- Check interactions
- Dosage information
- During pregnancy
- Drug class: miscellaneous coagulation modifiers
- En español
Related treatment guides
1. "Product Information. Koate-HP (antihemophilic factor)." Bayer (2001):
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.