Condylox Side Effects
Generic name: podofilox topical
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Dec 17, 2020.
Note: This document contains side effect information about podofilox topical. Some of the dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name Condylox.
For the Consumer
Applies to podofilox topical: topical gel/jelly, topical solution
Side effects requiring immediate medical attention
Along with its needed effects, podofilox topical (the active ingredient contained in Condylox) may cause some unwanted effects. Although not all of these side effects may occur, if they do occur they may need medical attention.
Check with your doctor as soon as possible if any of the following side effects occur while taking podofilox topical:
- Bad odor (solution only)
- bleeding of treated skin
- blistering, crusting, or scabbing of treated skin
- bloody urine (solution only)
- burning feeling of treated skin
- dizziness (solution only)
- headache (gel only)
- itching of treated skin
- pain during sexual intercourse (solution only)
- pain of treated skin
- problems with foreskin of penis (solution only)
- redness or swelling of treated skin
- scarring of treated skin (solution only)
- skin ulcers of treated skin
- vomiting (solution only)
Symptoms of overdose- in order of occurrence
Side effects not requiring immediate medical attention
Some side effects of podofilox topical may occur that usually do not need medical attention. These side effects may go away during treatment as your body adjusts to the medicine. Also, your health care professional may be able to tell you about ways to prevent or reduce some of these side effects.
Check with your health care professional if any of the following side effects continue or are bothersome or if you have any questions about them:
- Dryness of treated skin
- peeling of treated skin
- soreness or tenderness of treated skin
- stinging or tingling of treated skin
- trouble in sleeping (solution only)
- Changes in color of treated skin (gel only)
- skin rash (gel only)
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to podofilox topical: topical gel, topical solution
Gastrointestinal side effects have included vomiting.[Ref]
Local side effects have included burning, pain, inflammation, erosion, itching, and bleeding. Reports of burning and pain were greater and more severe in women than in men. Tenderness, chafing, malodor, scarring, vesicle formation, crusting edema, dryness, peeling, and ulceration have also been reported.[Ref]
More about Condylox (podofilox topical)
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Compare Alternatives
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 9 Reviews
- Generic Availability
- Drug class: topical keratolytics
- Patient Information
- Condylox Topical (Advanced Reading)
- Condylox (Podofilox Gel)
- Condylox (Podofilox Solution)
Related treatment guides
1. "Product Information. Podofilox Topical (podofilox topical)." Paddock Laboratories Inc, Minneapolis, MN.
2. "Product Information. Condylox (podofilox topical)." Oclassen Dermatologics, Morristown, NJ.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.