Colicon Side Effects
Generic name: simethicone
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Jan 18, 2020.
Note: This document contains side effect information about simethicone. Some of the dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name Colicon.
For the Consumer
Applies to simethicone: oral capsule liquid filled, oral solution, oral suspension, oral tablet, oral tablet chewable
There have not been any common or important side effects reported with this medicine. However, if you notice any side effects, check with your doctor.
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to simethicone: compounding liquid, compounding powder, oral capsule, oral disintegrating strip, oral liquid, oral suspension, oral tablet, oral tablet chewable
Rare (0.01% to 0.1%): Face edema, hypersensitivity reactions[Ref]
Rare (0.01% to 0.1%): Respiratory difficulty[Ref]
1. "Product Information. Maalox Anti-Gas Extra Strength (simethicone)." Novartis Consumer Health, Summit, NJ.
2. "Product Information. Mylicon (simethicone)." Johnson and Johnson Medical Inc, Arlington, TX.
3. Cerner Multum, Inc. "UK Summary of Product Characteristics." O 0
4. Cerner Multum, Inc. "Australian Product Information." O 0
More about Colicon (simethicone)
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Drug class: miscellaneous GI agents
Related treatment guides
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.