BENGAY Greaseless Side Effects
Generic name: menthol/methyl salicylate topical
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Oct 18, 2022.
Note: This document contains side effect information about menthol/methyl salicylate topical. Some dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name BENGAY Greaseless.
Applies to menthol/methyl salicylate topical: external cream, external lotion, external ointment.
Serious side effects of BENGAY Greaseless
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Skin irritation.
- Very bad belly pain.
- Throwing up blood or throw up that looks like coffee grounds.
- Black, tarry, or bloody stools.
- Very bad dizziness or passing out.
- Chest pain or pressure.
- Weakness on 1 side of the body, trouble speaking or thinking, change in balance, drooping on one side of the face, or blurred eyesight.
Other side effects of BENGAY Greaseless
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother you or do not go away:
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-332-1088. You may also report side effects at https://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
More about BENGAY Greaseless (menthol/methyl salicylate topical)
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.