Bacitracin / neomycin / polymyxin b ophthalmic Side Effects
For the Consumer
Applies to bacitracin/neomycin/polymyxin b ophthalmic: ophthalmic ointment
Along with its needed effects, bacitracin/neomycin/polymyxin b ophthalmic may cause some unwanted effects. Although not all of these side effects may occur, if they do occur they may need medical attention.
- Itching, rash, redness, swelling, or other sign of irritation not present before use of this medicine
After application, eye ointments usually cause your vision to blur for a few minutes.
For Healthcare Professionals
Local side effects have included irritation upon administration.[Ref]
1. "Product Information. Neosporin Ophthalmic Ointment Sterile (bacitracin/neomycin/polymyxin B ophthalmic)." Monarch Pharmaceuticals Inc, Bristol, TN.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.
More about bacitracin/neomycin/polymyxin b ophthalmic
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 1 Review
- Drug class: ophthalmic anti-infectives
- Bacitracin, neomycin, and polymyxin B ophthalmic
- Bacitracin, Neomycin, and Polymyxin B (Ophthalmic)
- Neomycin, polymyxin b, and bacitracin Ophthalmic (Advanced Reading)
Other brands: Neo-Polycin
- Neomycin, Polymyxin B, Bacitracin Ophthalmic Ointment (FDA)
- Bacitracin, Neomycin, and Polymyxin B (Ophthalmic) (Wolters Kluwer)