Alcortin Side Effects
Generic Name: hydrocortisone / iodoquinol topical
Note: This page contains information about the side effects of hydrocortisone / iodoquinol topical. Some of the dosage forms included on this document may not apply to the brand name Alcortin.
Applies to hydrocortisone / iodoquinol topical: topical application cream
In addition to its needed effects, some unwanted effects may be caused by hydrocortisone / iodoquinol topical. In the event that any of these side effects do occur, they may require medical attention.
Major Side Effects
You should check with your doctor immediately if any of these side effects occur when taking hydrocortisone / iodoquinol topical:Incidence not known:
- Blistering, burning, crusting, dryness, flaking, scaling, severe redness, soreness, or swelling of the skin
- burning and itching of the skin with pinhead-sized red blisters
- burning, itching, and pain in hairy areas, or pus at the root of hair
- reddish purple lines on the arms, face, legs, trunk, or groin
- redness and scaling around the mouth
- softening of the skin
- thinning of the skin with easy bruising, especially when used on the face or where the skin folds together (eg, between the fingers)
Minor Side Effects
Some of the side effects that can occur with hydrocortisone / iodoquinol topical may not need medical attention. As your body adjusts to the medicine during treatment these side effects may go away. Your health care professional may also be able to tell you about ways to reduce or prevent some of these side effects. If any of the following side effects continue, are bothersome or if you have any questions about them, check with your health care professional:Incidence not known:
- Acne or pimples
- increased hair growth on the forehead, back, arms, and legs
- lightening of normal skin color
- lightening of the treated areas of dark skin
Not all side effects for Alcortin may be reported. You should always consult a doctor or healthcare professional for medical advice. Side effects can be reported to the FDA here.
More about Alcortin (hydrocortisone / iodoquinol topical)
- Side Effects
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- 0 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: topical steroids with anti-infectives
Related treatment guides
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. In addition, the drug information contained herein may be time sensitive and should not be utilized as a reference resource beyond the date hereof. This material does not endorse drugs, diagnose patients, or recommend therapy. This information is a reference resource designed as supplement to, and not a substitute for, the expertise, skill , knowledge, and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate safety, effectiveness, or appropriateness for any given patient. Drugs.com does not assume any responsibility for any aspect of healthcare administered with the aid of materials provided. The information contained herein is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, warnings, drug interactions, allergic reactions, or adverse effects. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.