Alcortin A Side Effects
Generic name: aloe vera / hydrocortisone / iodoquinol topical
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on May 13, 2022.
Note: This document contains side effect information about aloe vera / hydrocortisone / iodoquinol topical. Some dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name Alcortin A.
Applies to aloe vera / hydrocortisone / iodoquinol topical: external gel.
Serious side effects of Alcortin A
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Signs of a weak adrenal gland like a very bad upset stomach or throwing up, very bad dizziness or passing out, muscle weakness, feeling very tired, mood changes, not hungry, or weight loss.
- Signs of Cushing's disease like weight gain in the upper back or belly, moon face, very bad headache, or slow healing.
- Signs of high blood sugar like confusion, feeling sleepy, more thirst, more hungry, passing urine more often, flushing, fast breathing, or breath that smells like fruit.
- Skin changes (pimples, stretch marks, slow healing, hair growth).
- Irritation where this drug is used.
- Change in color of skin.
- Thinning of the skin.
Other side effects of Alcortin A
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother you or do not go away:
- Dry skin.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-332-1088. You may also report side effects at https://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
More about Alcortin A (aloe vera / hydrocortisone / iodoquinol topical)
- Check interactions
- Reviews (4)
- Dosage information
- Drug class: topical steroids with anti-infectives
- En español
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.