Tukol Cough and Congestion
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Aug 6, 2020.
Dosage form: syrup
Ingredients: Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide 2mg in 1mL, Guaifenesin 20mg in 1mL, Phenylephrine Hydrochloride 1mg in 1mL
Labeler: Genomma Lab USA
NDC Code: 50066-510
|Active ingredients (in each 5 mL tsp)||Purpose|
|Dextromethorphan HBr, 10 mg||Cough Suppressant|
|Guaifenesin, 100 mg||Expectorant|
|Phenylephrine HCl, 5 mg||Nasal Decongestant|
- helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to drain bronchial tubes
- temporarily relieves these symptoms occurring with a cold:
- nasal congestion
- cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation
Do not use if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- cough that lasts or is chronic such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis or emphysema
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking any other oral nasal decongestant or stimulant.
Do not exceed recommended dosage.
- you get nervous, dizzy or sleepless
- symptoms do not get better within 7 days or are accompanied by fever
- cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back, or is accompanied by fever, rash, or persistant headache. These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- Do not take more than 6 doses in any 24 hour period
- This adult strength product is not intended for use in children under 12 years of age
|adults and children 12 years and over||2 teaspoons (10 ml) every 4 hours|
|children under 12||do not use|
- each teaspoon contains: sodium 3 mg
- store at 20-25°C (68-77°F). Do not refrigerate.
- dosage cup provided
anhydrous citric acid, FD&C red no. 40, flavor, glycerin, menthol, propylene glycol, purified water, sodium benzoate, sorbitol solution, sucralose
1 877 99 GENOM (43666)
Genomma Lab USA Inc.,
Houston, TX, 77027
|TUKOL COUGH AND CONGESTION
dextromethorphan hydrobromide, guaifenesin, and phenylephrine hydrochloride syrup
|Labeler - Genomma Lab USA (832323534)|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about dextromethorphan / guaifenesin / phenylephrine
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Imprints, Shape & Color Data
- Drug Interactions
- Pricing & Coupons
- 17 Reviews
- Drug class: upper respiratory combinations
- Patient Information
- Guaifenesin, Dextromethorphan, and Phenylephrine Tablets
- Guaifenesin, Dextromethorphan, and Phenylephrine Liquid
- Other brands
- Mucinex Fast-Max Severe Congestion & Cough, Giltuss, Robitussin Children's Cough & Cold CF, Deconex DMX, ... +10 more