Halodine Nasal Antiseptic
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Jul 7, 2020.
Dosage form: solution
Ingredients: POVIDONE-IODINE 1.25mg in 1mL
Labeler: Halodine LLC
NDC Code: 78371-101
Povidone-Iodine USP, 1.25%
(0.125% Available Iodine)
- Antiseptic skin preparation
- Helps reduce bacteria that can potentially cause skin infection
For external use only.
- If allergic to iodine
- In the eyes
- On children less than 3 years old
- Over large areas of the body
- Deep or puncture wounds
- Serious burns
irritation and redness develop or if condition persists for more than 72 hours.
If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
For nasal application
- Gently blow nose to clear both nostrils. Discard tissue.
- Open single ampoule by tearing off the narrow end along line. To avoid spill while opening, only hold flat foil around raised body of ampoule and maintain ampoule with narrow end pointing up.
- Place narrow end of ampoule at right nostril and gently pinch left nostril. Lift chin and tilt head back; squeeze all liquid from ampoule while inhaling through right nostril. Discard ampoule.
- Open second ampoule by tearing off the narrow end along line. Avoid spill.
- Place narrow end of ampoule at left nostril and gently pinch right nostril. Lift chin and tilt head back; squeeze all liquid from ampoule while inhaling through left nostril. Discard ampoule.
Note: Do not blow nose. If solution drips, wipe with tissue.
- Single use only; do not reuse
- Not made with natural rubber latex
- Store at room temperature; avoid excessive heat
hydroxyethylcellulose, purified water
|HALODINE NASAL ANTISEPTIC
|Labeler - Halodine LLC (117526113)|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.