Health Smart Natural Epsom Salt
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Jul 5, 2021.
Dosage form: granule, for solution
Ingredients: MAGNESIUM SULFATE 1g in 1g
Labeler: International Wholesale, Inc.
NDC Code: 52862-201
Magnesium Sulfate USP (Epsom Salt)
Internal Use.......... Saline Laxative
External Use..........Soaking Solution
- Relieves occasional constipation (irregularity)
- Generally produces bowel movements in 1/2 to 6 hours
- Relieves pain from major sprains and bruises
Ask a doctor before use if you have:
- Kidney disease
- a magnesium restricted diet
- abdominal pain, nausea or vomiting
- noticed a sudden change in bowel habbits that persists over a period of 2 weeks
- already used a laxative for a period longer than 1 week
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are presently taking any other drug. Take this product 2 or more hours before or after other drugs. Laxatives may affect how other drugs work.
- you have rectal bleeding or fail to have a bowel movement after use. This may indicate a serious condition
- you need to use a laxative for more than 1 week
As soaking solution:
- you have redness, irritation, swelling or infection occurs
- hot or warm soaks should not be used by individuals with diabeties except with the advice of a physician
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health profesional before use.
Keep this and all drugs out of the reach of children. In the case of an accidental overdose, seek professional assistance or contact a Poison Control Center immedietly.
for Internal Use as a Laxative:
- do not exceed more than 2 doses per day
- may be taken as a single daily dose or in divided doses
- dissolve each dose in a full (8 ounces) of liquid
|adults and children 12 years and older||2 to 4 level teaspoons (10 to 20 grams) daily|
|children 6 to under 12 years||1 to 2 level teaspoons (5 to 10 grams) daily|
Not recomended for children under 6 years of age
For external use as a soaking solution:
Add two cups to warm bath water and soak for 20 minutes.
For external use as a compress:
Adults dissolve 1 cup Epsom Salt in a quart of warm water, soak towel in solution and apply to affected area for 15 to 30 minutes.
- dissolve well before use
- magnesium content 495 mg per teaspoon (5 grams)
Fertilizer Uses - Guaranteed Analysis
Magnesium (Mg)..................9.87% Water Soluble Magnesium (Mg)
Directions for use (Fertilizer)
Lawns: Apply at a rate of 1/2 pound per one thousand square feet of lawn.
Garden Plants & Shrubbery: 2 tablespoons around the plant base every 2-4 weeks.
Trees: 2 tablespoons over the root zone every 4 months.
Tomatoes: 1 teaspoon per foot plant height every 2 weeks.
Evergreen, Azaleas & Rhododendrons: 1 tablespoon over root zone every 2-4 weeks.
Garden Startup: Mix 1 cup per 100 sq. ft of soil prior to planting.
Houseplants: 1 teaspoon per gallon of water and feed plants every 1-4 weeks.
An Epsom Salt bath or soak has been trusted as a natural remedy for minor aches and sprains for hundreds of years. Epsom Salt can help relieve tired, achy muscles by providing Magnesium to help reduce swelling, and Sulfate which helps flush toxins from proteins in joints. Epsom Salt can also be consumed as a natural saline laxative for occassional relief.
EPSOM SALT WITHOUT SCENT CAN BE APPLIED FOR BOTH INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL USE, SCENTED EPSOM SALTS CAN BE APPLIED FOR EXTERNAL USE ONLY.
MADE IN CHINA . DISTRIBUTED BY:
SOUTHFIELD, MI 48075
|HEALTH SMART NATURAL EPSOM SALT
magnesium sulfate granule, for solution
|Labeler - International Wholesale, Inc. (161872676)|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about magnesium sulfate
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Pricing & Coupons
- 2 Reviews
- Drug class: laxatives
- Patient Information
- Magnesium sulfate injection
- Magnesium sulfate Oral, Topical application (Advanced Reading)
- Magnesium Sulfate Granules (Epsom Salt)
- Other brands
- Epsom Salt