Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Sep 6, 2021.
Dosage form: syrup
Ingredients: DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 28mg in 5mL, GUAIFENESIN 388mg in 5mL, PHENYLEPHRINE HYDROCHLORIDE 10mg in 5mL
Labeler: Kramer Novis
NDC Code: 52083-622
Dextromethorphan HBr, 28 mg
Guaifenesin, 388 mg
Phenylephrine HCl, 10 mg
- suppresses cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation associated with a cold or inhaled irritants • helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to rid the bronchial passages of bothersome mucus, drain bronchial tubes, and make cough more productive • temporarily relieves nasal congestion due to a cold
Do not use if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson’s disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
Ask a doctor before use if you have
• heart disease • high blood pressure • thyroid disease • diabetes • trouble urinating due to the enlarged prostate gland • cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus) • a cough that lasts or is chronic such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis or emphysema.
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking any other oral nasal decongestant or stimulant.
When using this product, do not use more than directed
Stop use and ask a doctor if
• you get nervous, dizzy, or sleepless • symptoms do not get better within 7 days or are accompanied by fever • cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back, or is accompanied by fever, rash or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of accidental overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
• Take every 6 hours, or as directed by a doctor.
|Adults and children 12 years of age and older||Take one teaspoonful (5 mL). Do not exceed 4 teaspoonfuls in 24 hours|
|Children 6 to under 12 years of age||Take 1/2 teaspoonful (2.5 mL). Do not exceed 2 teaspoonfuls in 24 hours|
|Children 2 to under 6 years of age||Take 1/4 teaspoonful (1.25 mL). Do not exceed 1 teaspoonful in 24 hours|
|Children under 2 years of age||Consult a doctor|
- Store at controlled room temperature 15°-30°C (59°-86°F).
- Avoid excessive heat or humidity.
- Tamper Evident Feature: Do not use if inner seal is torn, broken or missing.
Citric acid, flavor, glycerin, methylparaben, propylparaben, polyethylene glycol, purified water, sodium citrate, and sucralose.
Call weekdays from 8 AM to 4 PM AST at 1-787-767-2072. San Juan, PR 00917
Contains the same active ingredients as Giltuss®*
Sugar, Alcohol, and Dye FREE
Manufactured in the USA for
*Giltuss® is a registered trademark of Gil Pharmaceutical Corp. This product is not manufactured, distributed or marketed by Gil Pharmaceutical Corp.
dextromethorphan hydrobromide, guaifenesin, and phenylephrine hydrochloride syrup
|Labeler - Kramer Novis (090158395)|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about Tusslin (dextromethorphan / guaifenesin / phenylephrine)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Pricing & Coupons
- Drug class: upper respiratory combinations
- Other brands
- Mucinex Fast-Max Severe Congestion & Cough, Giltuss, Robitussin Children's Cough & Cold CF, Tusicof, ... +10 more