Coricidin HBP Cough and Cold Cough Suppressant, Antihistamine
Medically reviewed on May 24, 2017.
Dosage form: tablet, film coated
Ingredients: CHLORPHENIRAMINE MALEATE 4mg, DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 30mg
Labeler: Bayer HealthCare LLC.
NDC Code: 11523-4326
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
|Active ingredients (in each tablet)||Purpose|
|Chlorpheniramine maleate 4 mg||Antihistamine|
|Dextromethorphan hydrobromide 30 mg||Cough suppressant|
- temporarily relieves cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation as may occur with a cold
- temporarily relieves runny nose and sneezing due to the common cold
Do not use if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- cough that occurs with excessive phlegm (mucus)
- a breathing problem or persistent or chronic cough as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema
taking sedatives or tranquilizers
- excitability may occur, especially in children
- marked drowsiness may occur
- avoid alcoholic beverages
- alcohol, sedatives and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- use caution when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
Stop use and ask a doctor if cough lasts more than 7 days, reoccurs, or occurs with fever, rash or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Abuse of this product can lead to serious injury.
- do not exceed recommended dose
- adults and children 12 years and over:
1 tablet every 6 hours, not more often than
4 tablets in 24 hours
- children under 12 years of age: ask a doctor
- store between 20° to 25°C (68° to 77°F)
croscarmellose sodium, D&C red No. 27 aluminum lake, FD&C yellow No. 6 aluminum lake, lactose monohydrate, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol, polyvinyl alcohol, povidone, talc, titanium dioxide
Call 1-800-317-2165 (Mon-Fri 9AM-5PM EST)
|CORICIDIN HBP COUGH AND COLD
COUGH SUPPRESSANT, ANTIHISTAMINE
chlorpheniramine maleate and dextromethorphan hydrobromide tablet, film coated
|Labeler - Bayer HealthCare LLC. (112117283)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.