Alka-Seltzer Plus Severe Cold And Flu Formula
Dosage form: granule, effervescent
Ingredients: Acetaminophen 250mg, Dextromethorphan hydrobromide 10mg, Chlorpheniramine maleate 2mg, Phenylephrine hydrochloride 5mg
Labeler: Bayer HealthCare LLC - Consumer Care
NDC Code: 0280-7055
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
(in each tablet)
|Acetaminophen 250 mg||Pain reliever/
|Chlorpheniramine maleate 2 mg||Antihistamine|
|Dextromethorphan hydrobromide 10 mg||Cough suppressant|
|Phenylephrine hydrochloride 5 mg||Nasal decongestant|
- temporarily relieves these symptoms due to a cold or flu:
- minor aches and pains
- sore throat
- runny nose
- nasal and sinus congestion
- temporarily reduces fever
This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take
- more than 8 tablets in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount for this product
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
Do not use to sedate children
Do not use
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- in children under 12 years of age
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- liver disease
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- cough with excessive phlegm (mucus)
- a breathing problem such as emphysema or chronic bronchitis
- difficulty in urination due to enlargement of the prostate gland
- persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, or emphysema
- a sodium restricted diet
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
- taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
- taking sedatives or tranquilizers
When using this product
- do not exceed recommended dosage
- may cause marked drowsiness
- avoid alcoholic drinks
- alcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
- excitability may occur, especially in children
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- pain, cough, or nasal congestion gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present
- new symptoms occur
- cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts.
These could be signs of a serious condition.
- nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occurs
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- do not take more than the recommended dose
- adults and children 12 years and over: take 2 tablets fully dissolved in 4 oz of water every 4 hours. Do not exceed 8 tablets in 24 hours or as directed by a doctor
- children under 12 years: do not use
- each tablet contains: sodium 416 mg
- Phenylketonurics: Contain Phenylalanine 5.6 mg Per Tablet
- store at room temperature. Avoid excessive heat.
acesulfame potassium, anhydrous citric acid, aspartame, FD&C red #40, flavors, magnesium stearate, maltodextrin, mannitol, saccharin sodium, sodium bicarbonate
1-800-986-0369 (Mon-Fri 9AM - 5PM EST) or www.alkaseltzerplus.com
Acetaminophen / Pain reliever-
fever reducer • Chlorpheniramine
maleate / Antihistamine • Dextromethorphan hydro-
bromide / Cough suppressant • Phenylephrine
hydrochloride / Nasal decongestant
COLD & FLU
Fever & Body Ache
Cough • Nasal Congestion
Runny Nose • Sore Throat
20 EFFERVESCENT TABLETS
SEVERE COLD AND FLU FORMULA
acetaminophen, dextromethorphan hydrobromide, chlorpheniramine maleate, and phenylephrine hydrochloride granule, effervescent
|Labeler - Bayer HealthCare LLC - Consumer Care (785159372)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.