Surfak Stool Softener
Dosage form: capsule, gelatin coated
Ingredients: DOCUSATE CALCIUM 240mg
Labeler: Chattem, Inc.
NDC Code: 41167-6100
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
(in each softgel)
Docusate calcium 240 mg
Stool softener laxative
- relieves occasional constipation (irregularity)
- generally produces a bowel movement in 12 to 72 hours
- when stomach pain, nausea or vomiting are present unless directed by a doctor
- stomach pain, nausea or vomiting
- a sudden change in bowel habits that lasts over 2 weeks
if you are presently taking mineral oil
- you have rectal bleeding or failure to have a bowel movement after use. These could be signs of a serious condition.
- you need to use a laxative for more than 1 week
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- adults and children 12 years of age or over: one softgel daily
- children under 12 years of age: ask a doctor
- protect from heat, humidity and light
blue 1, corn oil, gelatin, glycerin, polyvinyl acetate phthalate, propylene glycol, red 40, sorbitol, titanium dioxide (245-198)
|SURFAK STOOL SOFTENER
docusate calcium capsule, gelatin coated
|Labeler - Chattem, Inc. (003336013)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.