CVS Cold Sore Treatment
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on May 7, 2020.
Dosage form: cream
Ingredients: Benzalkonium Chloride 1.3mg in 1g
Labeler: CVS Pharmacy
NDC Code: 59779-406
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Benzalkonium Chloride 0.13%
Cold Sore/Fever Blister Treatment/First Aid Antiseptic
- For treatment of cold sores/fever blisters on the face or lips
- Helps relieve the symptoms of itching, burning and pain associated with cold sores/fever blisters in just one day
- Relieves dryness and softens cold sores and fever blisters
- First aid to help protect against infection in minor cuts, scrapes, burns, and sores
- For external use only: Do not use in the eyes or apply over large areas of the body. In case of deep or puncture wounds, animal bites or serious burns, consult a physician.
- Allergy Alert: Do not use if you are allergic to any of the ingredients in this product.
- When using this product avoid contact with eyes. Use only as directed.
- Stop use and consult a doctor if the condition persists or gets worse. Do not use longer than 1 week unless directed by a doctor.
- Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away at 1-800-222-1222.
- Clean the affected area
- Apply a small amount of this product to the affected area 1 to 3 times daily
- Rub in gently
- Wash hands before and after applying cream
- Do not share this product with anyone
- Children under 12 years of age: ask a doctor
Store at room temperature
Alcohol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Arginine, Butylparaben, Camphor, Cetearylisononanoate, Dipropylenglycole Dicaprylate-Dicaprate, Ethylparaben, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil, Hexyldecanole, Hexyl Decyl Laurate, Menthol,
Methylparaben, Ozokerite, Phenoxyethanol, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Poloxamer 407, Propylparaben, Tocopheryl Nicotinate (Vitamin E), Thymol, Zinc Chloride
Call us toll-free at 1-877-242-3234 Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. EST.
Serious side effects associated with use of this product may be reported to this number.
Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
|CVS COLD SORE TREATMENT
benzalkonium chloride cream
|Labeler - CVS Pharmacy (062312574)|
|Registrant - Ranir LLC (364567615)|
More about benzalkonium chloride topical
- Side Effects
- Drug Interactions
- 1 Review
- Drug class: antiseptic and germicides
- FDA Alerts (3)