Pamprin Cramp Menstrual Pain Relief
Medically reviewed on November 20, 2017
Dosage form: tablet
Ingredients: ACETAMINOPHEN 250mg, MAGNESIUM SALICYLATE 250mg, PAMABROM 25mg
Labeler: Chattem, Inc.
NDC Code: 41167-3002
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
(in each caplet)
Acetaminophen 250 mg
Magnesium salicylate (NSAID*) 250 mg
(in each caplet)
Pamabrom 25 mg
*nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug
for the temporary relief of these symptoms associated with menstrual periods:
- water-weight gain
- muscular aches
Reye’s syndrome: Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye’s syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
Allergy alert: Magnesium salicylate may cause a severe allergic reaction which may include:
- facial swelling
- asthma (wheezing)
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take
- more than 8 caplets in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
Stomach bleeding warning: This product contains an NSAID, which may cause severe stomach bleeding. The chance is higher if you
- are age 60 or older
- have had stomach ulcers or bleeding problems
- take a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drug
- take other drugs containing prescription or nonprescription NSAIDs [aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, or others]
- have 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
- take more or for a longer time than directed
- if you have ever had an allergic reaction to any other pain reliever/fever reducer
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- you have liver disease
- the stomach bleeding warning applies to you
- you have a history of stomach problems, such as heartburn
- you have high blood pressure, heart disease, liver cirrhosis, or kidney disease
- you are taking a diuretic
if you are taking a prescription drug for gout, diabetes or arthritis
- an allergic reaction occurs. Seek medical help right away.
- you experience any of the following signs of stomach bleeding:
- feel faint
- vomit blood
- have bloody or black stools
- have stomach pain that does not get better
- feel faint
- redness or swelling is present
- new symptoms occur
- pain gets worse or lasts more than 10 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- ringing in the ears or loss of hearing occurs
ask a health professional before use. It is especially important not to use magnesium salicylate during the last 3 months of pregnancy unless definitely directed to do so by a doctor because it may cause problems in the unborn child or complications during delivery.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
adults and children 12 years and over:
- take 2 caplets with water every 6 hours as needed
- do not exceed 8 caplets in a 24 hour period or as directed by a doctor
- do not use more than directed (see warnings)
children under 12 years: ask a doctor
• each caplet contains: magnesium 20 mg
carnauba wax, corn starch, croscarmellose sodium, crospovidone, FD&C blue #1, hypromellose, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol, polysorbate 80, povidone, propylene glycol, silicon dioxide, stearic acid, titanium dioxide (224-181)
|PAMPRIN CRAMP MENSTRUAL PAIN RELIEF
acetaminophen and magnesium salicylate and pamabrom tablet
|Labeler - Chattem, Inc. (003336013)|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.