What is Thermotabs?
Potassium is a mineral that is found in many foods and is needed for several functions of your body, especially the beating of your heart.
Sodium chloride is the chemical name for salt. Sodium is an electrolyte that regulates the amount of water in your body. Sodium also plays a part in nerve impulses and muscle contractions.
Thermotabs is a combination mineral supplement that may be helpful in reducing tiredness, muscle cramps, or heat prostration that can occur when you sweat more than usual. This product is often used for outdoor recreational activities performed in high heat, or indoors anywhere high temperatures can cause you to become overheated.
It is not certain whether Thermotabs is effective in treating any medical condition. Medicinal use of this product has not been approved by the FDA. This medicine should not be used in place of medication prescribed for you by your doctor.
Thermotabs may also be used for purposes not listed in this product guide.
Follow all directions on the product label and package. Tell each of your healthcare providers about all your medical conditions, allergies, and all medicines you use.
Before taking this medicine
Do not use this product without a doctor's advice if:
you have kidney disease; or
you are on a low-salt diet.
Ask a doctor, pharmacist, or other healthcare provider if it is safe for you to use this product if you have:
heart disease; or
an ulcer or other problem in your stomach or esophagus.
It is not known whether Thermotabs will harm an unborn baby. Do not use this product without a doctor's advice if you are pregnant. Your dose needs may be different during pregnancy.
It is not known whether Thermotabs passes into breast milk or if it could harm a nursing baby. Do not use this product without a doctor's advice if you are breast-feeding a baby.
Do not give any herbal/health supplement to a child without medical advice.
How should I take Thermotabs?
Use exactly as directed on the label, or as prescribed by your doctor. Do not use in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended.
The usual dose of Thermotabs is 1 tablet taken 5 to 10 times per day.
Take this product with a full glass of water.
You may need to adjust your dose based on the amount of heat to which you are exposed.
Call your doctor if the condition you are treating with Thermotabs does not improve, or if it gets worse while using this product.
Store at room temperature away from moisture and heat.
What happens if I miss a dose?
Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next scheduled dose. Do not use extra Thermotabs to make up the missed dose.
What happens if I overdose?
Seek emergency medical attention or call the Poison Help line at 1-800-222-1222.
What should I avoid while taking Thermotabs?
Follow your healthcare provider's instructions about any restrictions on food, beverages, or activity.
Thermotabs side effects
Get emergency medical help if you have signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficult breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Call your doctor at once if you have:
Although not all side effects are known, Thermotabs is thought to be likely safe for most people when used as directed.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
See also: Side effects (in more detail)
What other drugs will affect Thermotabs?
Do not take Thermotabs without medical advice if you are using any of the following medications:
heart or blood pressure medication; or
This list is not complete. Other drugs may interact with potassium chloride and sodium chloride, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products. Not all possible interactions are listed in this medication guide.
More about Thermotabs (potassium chloride / sodium chloride)
- Side Effects
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- En Español
- 0 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: minerals and electrolytes
Other brands: Buffered Salt
Related treatment guides
Where can I get more information?
- Your pharmacist can provide more information about Thermotabs.
- Remember, keep this and all other medicines out of the reach of children, never share your medicines with others, and use this medication only for the indication prescribed.
- Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided by Cerner Multum, Inc. ('Multum') is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. Multum information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States and therefore Multum does not warrant that uses outside of the United States are appropriate, unless specifically indicated otherwise. Multum's drug information does not endorse drugs, diagnose patients or recommend therapy. Multum's drug information is an informational resource designed to assist licensed healthcare practitioners in caring for their patients and/or to serve consumers viewing this service as a supplement to, and not a substitute for, the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgment of healthcare practitioners. The absence of a warning for a given drug or drug combination in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or drug combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. Multum does not assume any responsibility for any aspect of healthcare administered with the aid of information Multum provides. The information contained herein is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, warnings, drug interactions, allergic reactions, or adverse effects. If you have questions about the drugs you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.
Copyright 1996-2012 Cerner Multum, Inc. Version: 1.01.
Date modified: March 06, 2018
Last reviewed: April 07, 2016