What is Prolomet XL 50? What is the mechanism of action and what are this medicine side effects?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on April 7, 2022.
Prolomet XL 50 contains 50mg of metoprolol, in an extended release formulation.
Metoprolol is in a group of drugs called beta-blockers. Beta-blockers affect the heart and circulation (blood flow through arteries and veins).
Metoprolol is used to treat angina (chest pain) and hypertension (high blood pressure). It is also used to treat or prevent heart attack.
Commonly reported side effects of metoprolol include: cardiac failure, bradycardia, and hypotension.
Click on this link for more information:
The link below has known side effects of metoprolol.
Related Medical Questions
- Metoprolol Succinate vs Tartrate - What's the difference between them?
- How long does Metoprolol stay in your system after you stop taking it?
- How is atenolol superior to metoprolol?
- Metoprolol Information for Consumers
- Metoprolol Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Metoprolol (detailed)
Related Support Groups
- Metoprolol (169 questions, 370 members)