What type of drug is Verzenio?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com Last updated on Oct 28, 2019.
Official Answerby Drugs.com
Verzenio is a selective ATP-competitive inhibitor of cyclin dependent kinases (CDK) 4 and 6 (kinase inhibitor) used as a breast cancer treatment.
Verzenio (abemaciclib) is FDA-approved to be used in 2 patient populations: either with fulvestrant (Faslodex) in patients with HR-positive, HER2-negative advanced or metastatic breast cancer that progressed after endocrine therapy; or as monotherapy for patients who previously received endocrine therapy and chemotherapy.
Related Medical Questions
- What type of cancer is Tecentriq used to treat?
- What is the cost of Tecentriq?
- How do you take Kisqali?
- How do you take Nerlynx?
- What is the difference between Ogivri and Herceptin?
- What type of drug is Talzenna?
- What is the difference between Herzuma and Herceptin?
- Verzenio Information for Consumers
- Verzenio Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Verzenio (detailed)