Does Nexlizet cause weight loss or weight gain?
Weight loss or weight gain are not side effects mentioned in the product information for Nexlizet, nor could any anecdotal reports of weight loss or weight gain be found on common medication blog sites. Cholesterol-lowering drugs, such as Nexlizet, don’t usually affect a person’s weight.
While you are taking Nexlizet you should also be following a low-fat diet and weight loss may occur if you are eating fewer calories as a result of this diet.
Nexlizet is a once-daily non-statin medication to lower cholesterol that contains 2 medicines that target LDL-C, bempedoic acid, and ezetimibe. Weight loss or weight gain are not expected with Nexlizet.
- Nexlizet (bempedoic acid and ezetimibe). Updated 09/2021. Esperion Therapeutics, Inc. https://www.drugs.com/pro/nexlizet.html
Related medical questions
- Nexlizet Information for Consumers
- Nexlizet prescribing info & package insert (for Health Professionals)
- Side Effects of Nexlizet (detailed)
Related support groups
- Nexlizet (2 questions, 3 members)