Ambien - How long does it stays in your system? I have a drug test for work?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on April 6, 2021.
Have to take a drug test for work. How long does it stay in your system?
It takes approximately 11 hours for Ambien to be eliminated from your body. The half-life of Ambien is 2 hours. Generally it is considered that it takes 5.5 x half-life for a drug to be removed from the body, in that it is considered to no longer have a clinical effect. So for Ambien it would take approximately 11 hours (2 hours X 5.5) to be eliminated from your body.
Elimination of a drug varies from person to person due to factors like age, weight, other medications taken, or other medical conditions present, also kidney function, liver function etc. Therefore half-life is used as a guide, or an estimate of how long it may take for the drug to be removed from the body.
Related Medical Questions
- What do you mean by the half life of a drug?
- What is the half life of Ambien?
- What is this pill? Tannish peach color, elliptical, marked 10 MG and 5 dots in a small box?
- Is “Ambien-Tweeting” a Thing?
- Ambien Information for Consumers
- Ambien Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Ambien (detailed)
Related Support Groups
- Ambien (81 questions, 595 members)