Ambien - How long does it stays in your system? I have a drug test for work?
Have to take a drug test for work. How long does it stay in your system?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com Last updated on Apr 16, 2019.
Official Answerby Drugs.com
It takes approximately 11 hours for Ambien to be eliminated from your body. The half-life of Ambien is 2 hours. Generally it is considered that it takes 5.5 x half-life for a drug to be removed from the body, in that it is considered to no longer have a clinical effect. So for Ambien it would take approximately 11 hours (2 hours X 5.5) to be eliminated from your body.
Elimination of a drug varies from person to person due to factors like age, weight, other medications taken, or other medical conditions present, also kidney function, liver function etc. Therefore half-life is used as a guide, or an estimate of how long it may take for the drug to be removed from the body.
Related Medical Questions
- What is this pill? Tannish peach color, elliptical, marked 10 MG and 5 dots in a small box?
- What is the half life of Ambien?
- Is “Ambien-Tweeting” a Thing?
- What do you mean by the half life of a drug?
- Ambien Information for Consumers
- Ambien Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Ambien (detailed)
Related Support Groups
- Ambien (179 questions, 578 members)