Glyrx-PF (glycopyrrolate) and Alcohol/Food Interactions
There are 2 alcohol/food/lifestyle interactions with Glyrx-PF (glycopyrrolate) which include:
glycopyrrolate Alcohol (Ethanol)
Moderate Drug Interaction
Ask your doctor before using glycopyrrolate together with ethanol. Use alcohol cautiously. Alcohol may increase drowsiness and dizziness while you are taking glycopyrrolate. You should be warned not to exceed recommended dosages and to avoid activities requiring mental alertness. If your doctor prescribes these medications together, you may need a dose adjustment to safely take this combination. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.
High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
Minor Potential Hazard, Moderate plausibility
anticholinergics - hypertension
Cardiovascular effects of anticholinergics may exacerbate hypertension. Therapy with anticholinergic agents should be administered cautiously in patients with hypertension.
- "Product Information. Marezine (cyclizine)." Glaxo Wellcome, Research Triangle Park, NC.
- "Product Information. Benadryl (diphenhydramine)." Parke-Davis, Morris Plains, NJ.
- "Product Information. Cogentin (benztropine)." Merck & Co, Inc, West Point, PA.
- "Product Information. Artane (trihexyphenidyl)." Lederle Laboratories, Wayne, NJ.
- Valentin N, Staffeldt H, Kyst A "Effect of i.v. atropine on cardiac rhythm, heart rate, blood pressure and airway secretion during isoflurane anaesthesia." Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 28 (1984): 621-4
- "Product Information. Antivert (meclizine)." Roerig Division, New York, NY.
- "Product Information. Atropine Sulfate Injection, USP (atropine)." ESI Lederle Generics, Philadelphia, PA.
Glyrx-PF (glycopyrrolate) drug interactions
There are 196 drug interactions with Glyrx-PF (glycopyrrolate)
Glyrx-PF (glycopyrrolate) disease interactions
There are 11 disease interactions with Glyrx-PF (glycopyrrolate) which include:
- autonomic neuropathy
- GI obstruction
- obstructive uropathy
- tardive dyskinesia
- infectious diarrhea
- myasthenia gravis
More about Glyrx-PF (glycopyrrolate)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- Drug class: anticholinergics/antispasmodics
Related treatment guides
Drug Interaction Classification
|No interaction information available.|