Drug Interactions between Nexium and rosuvastatin
This report displays the potential drug interactions for the following 2 drugs:
- Nexium (esomeprazole)
Interactions between your drugs
No interactions were found between Nexium and rosuvastatin. This does not necessarily mean no interactions exist. Always consult your healthcare provider.
- Nexium is in the drug class proton pump inhibitors.
- Nexium is used to treat the following conditions:
- Rosuvastatin is in the drug class statins.
Rosuvastatin is used to treat the following conditions:
- High Cholesterol
- High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous
- High Cholesterol, Familial Homozygous
- Hyperlipoproteinemia Type IIa, Elevated LDL
- Hyperlipoproteinemia Type IIb, Elevated LDL VLDL
- Hyperlipoproteinemia Type III, Elevated beta-VLDL IDL
- Hyperlipoproteinemia Type IV, Elevated VLDL
- Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease
Drug and food interactions
Applies to: Nexium (esomeprazole)
Food may interfere with the absorption of esomeprazole. Esomeprazole should be taken at least one hour before meals and at the same time every day. When esomeprazole is given to patients receiving continuous enteral nutrition (tube feedings), the tube feeding should be interrupted for at least 1 hour before and 1 hour after the dose of esomeprazole. This will make it easier for your body to absorb the medication. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.
Therapeutic duplication warnings
No warnings were found for your selected drugs.
Drug Interaction Classification
|No interaction information available.|