Generic name: ibalizumab 150mg in 1mL
Dosage form: injection, solution
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Apr 30, 2020.
TROGARZO is available in a single-dose, 2 mL vial containing 150 mg/mL of ibalizumab-uiyk. Each vial delivers approximately 1.33 mL containing 200 mg of ibalizumab-uiyk.
TROGARZO is administered intravenously (IV), after diluting the appropriate number of vials in 250 mL of 0.9% Sodium Chloride Injection, USP. Patients should receive a single loading dose of 2,000 mg followed by a maintenance dose of 800 mg every 2 weeks.
Dose modifications of TROGARZO are not required when administered with any other antiretroviral or any other treatments.
Parenteral drug products should be inspected visually for particulate matter and discoloration prior to administration, whenever solution and container permit. Discard vial if solution is cloudy, if there is pronounced discoloration or if there is foreign particulate matter.
See Table 1 for the appropriate number of vials required to prepare both the loading dose of 2,000 mg and the maintenance doses of 800 mg.
|TROGARZO Dose|| TROGARZO Vials
(Total Volume to be Withdrawn)
|Loading dose of 2,000 mg||10 vials (13.3 mL)|
|Maintenance dose of 800 mg||4 vials (5.32 mL)|
TROGARZO solution for infusion should be prepared by a trained medical professional using aseptic technique as follows:
- Remove the flip-off cap from the single-dose vial and wipe with an alcohol swab.
- Insert sterile syringe needle into the vial through the center of the stopper and withdraw 1.33 mL from each vial (NOTE: a small residual amount may remain in the vial, discard unused portion) and transfer into a 250 mL intravenous bag of 0.9% Sodium Chloride Injection, USP. Other intravenous diluents must not be used to prepare the TROGARZO solution for infusion.
- Once diluted, the TROGARZO solution should be administered immediately.
- If not administered immediately, store the diluted TROGARZO solution at room temperature (20°C to 25°C, 68°F to 77°F) for up to 4 hours, or refrigerated (2°C to 8°C, 36°F to 46°F) for up to 24 hours. If refrigerated, allow the diluted TROGARZO solution to stand at room temperature (20°C to 25°C, 68°F to 77°F) for at least 30 minutes but no more than 4 hours prior to administration.
- Discard partially used vials or empty vials of TROGARZO and any unused portion of the diluted TROGARZO solution.
Diluted TROGARZO solution should be administered by a trained medical professional.
Administer TROGARZO as an IV infusion in the cephalic vein of the patient’s right or left arm. If this vein is not accessible, an appropriate vein located elsewhere can be used. Do not administer TROGARZO as an intravenous push or bolus.
The duration of the first infusion (loading dose) should be no less than 30 minutes. If no infusion-associated adverse reactions have occurred, the duration of the subsequent infusions (maintenance doses) can be decreased to no less than 15 minutes.
After the infusion is complete, flush with 30 mL of 0.9% Sodium Chloride Injection, USP.
All patients must be observed for 1 hour after completion of TROGARZO administration for at least the first infusion. If the patient does not experience an infusion-associated adverse reaction, the post-infusion observation time can be reduced to 15 minutes thereafter.
If a maintenance dose (800 mg) of TROGARZO is missed by 3 days or longer beyond the scheduled dosing day, a loading dose (2,000 mg) should be administered as early as possible. Resume maintenance dosing (800 mg) every 14 days thereafter.
- How is Trogarzo used in the treatment of HIV?
- What are the side effects with HIV treatment Trogarzo?
- How well does Trogarzo work to treat multidrug-resistant (MDR) HIV-1?
More about Trogarzo (ibalizumab)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- Drug class: miscellaneous antivirals
- FDA Approval History