Generic name: PEGASPARGASE 750[iU] in 1mL
Dosage form: injection, solution
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Jan 11, 2019.
Patients ≤21 years of age
The recommended dose of ONCASPAR for patients up to and including 21 years of age is 2,500 International Units/m2 intramuscularly or intravenously no more frequently than every 14 days.
Monitor patients at least weekly, with bilirubin, transaminases, glucose and clinical examinations until recovery from the cycle of therapy. If an adverse reaction should occur, modify treatment according to Table 1.
|Infusion Reaction/ Hypersensitivity Reaction||Grade 1||
|Grade 3 to 4||
|Hemorrhage||Grade 3 to 4||
|Pancreatitis||Grades 3 to 4||
|Thromboembolism||Uncomplicated deep vein thrombosis||
|Severe or life-threatening thrombosis||
|Hepatotoxicity||Total bilirubin more than 3 times to no more than 10 times the upper limit of normal||
|Total bilirubin more than 10 times the upper limit of normal||
Preparation and Administration
Administer ONCASPAR in a healthcare setting with appropriate medical support and resuscitation equipment to manage hypersensitivity reactions, should they occur [see Warnings and Precautions (5.1)].
ONCASPAR is a clear and colorless solution. Visually inspect parenteral drug products for particulate matter, cloudiness, or discoloration prior to administration. If any of these are present, discard the vial.
When ONCASPAR is administered intramuscularly:
- Limit the volume at a single injection site to 2 mL.
- If the volume to be administered is greater than 2 mL, use multiple injection sites.
When ONCASPAR is administered intravenously:
- Dilute ONCASPAR with 100 mL of 0.9% Sodium Chloride Injection, USP or 5% Dextrose Injection, USP, using aseptic technique.
- After dilution, administer immediately into a running infusion of either 0.9% Sodium Chloride, USP or 5% Dextrose Injection, USP, respectively.
- Administer over a period of 1-2 hours.
- Do not infuse other drugs through the same intravenous line during administration of ONCASPAR.
- The diluted solution should be used immediately. If immediate use is not possible, the diluted solution should be stored refrigerated at 2°C to 8°C (36°F to 46°F) for up to 48 hours. Protect infusion bags from direct sunlight.
ONCASPAR does not contain a preservative. Use only one dose per vial; discard unused product.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about Oncaspar (pegaspargase)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Drug Interactions
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- Drug class: miscellaneous antineoplastics