Generic name: PEGASPARGASE 750[iU] in 1mL
Dosage form: injection, solution
The information at Drugs.com is not a substitute for medical advice. Always consult your doctor or pharmacist.
- The recommended dose of ONCASPAR is 2,500 International Units/m2 intramuscularly or intravenously. ONCASPAR should be administered no more frequently than every 14 days.
Instructions for Administration
- When ONCASPAR is administered intramuscularly, the volume at a single injection site should be limited to 2 mL. If the volume to be administered is greater than 2 mL, multiple injection sites should be used. ONCASPAR does not contain a preservative. Use only one dose per vial; discard unused product.
- When administered intravenously, ONCASPAR should be given over a period of 1 to 2 hours in 100 mL of sodium chloride or dextrose injection 5%, through an infusion that is already running. After the solution is diluted for intravenous use, the solution should be used immediately. If immediate use is not possible, the diluted solution should be stored refrigerated at 2°C to 8°C (36°F to 46°F). Storage after dilution should not exceed 48 hours from the time of preparation to completion of administration. Protect infusion bags from direct sunlight.
Preparation and Handling Precautions
- Do not administer ONCASPAR if drug has been:
- stored at room temperature 15° to 25°C (59° to 77°F) for more than 48 hours
- shaken or vigorously agitated [see How Supplied/Storage and Handling (16)]
- Parenteral drug products should be inspected visually for particulate matter, cloudiness, or discoloration prior to administration, whenever solution and container permit. If any of these are present, discard the vial.
More about Oncaspar (pegaspargase)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 0 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: miscellaneous antineoplastics