Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Jun 9, 2021.
Generic name: Amisulpride 2.5mg in 1mL
Dosage form: injection, solution
The recommended adult dosage of BARHEMSYS and infusion rate by indication is shown in the table below:
|Indication||Adult Dosage Regimen|
|Prevention of PONV||5 mg as a single intravenous injection infused over 1 to 2 minutes at the time of induction of anesthesia [see Dosage and Administration (2.2)].|
|Treatment of PONV||10 mg as a single intravenous injection infused over 1 to 2 minutes in the event of nausea and/or vomiting after a surgical procedure [see Dosage and Administration (2.2)].|
Preparation and Administration
- Dilution of BARHEMSYS is not required before administration. BARHEMSYS is chemically and physically compatible with Water for Injection, 5% Dextrose Injection and 0.9% Sodium Chloride Injection, which may be used to flush an intravenous line before or after administration of BARHEMSYS.
- Protect from light. BARHEMSYS is subject to photodegradation. Administer BARHEMSYS within 12 hours of removal of the vial from the protective carton.
- Prior to administration, inspect the BARHEMSYS solution visually for particulate matter and discoloration. Discard if particulate matter or discoloration is observed.
More about Barhemsys (amisulpride)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Drug Interactions
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- Drug class: miscellaneous antiemetics
- FDA Approval History