Mirapex (pramipexole) Disease Interactions
There are 2 disease interactions with Mirapex (pramipexole):
Dopamine Agonists (Includes Mirapex) ↔ Hypotension
Severe Potential Hazard, Moderate plausibility
Applies to: Hypotension
Dopamine agonists may impair the systemic regulation of blood pressure, with resultant orthostatic hypotension, especially during dose escalation. Therapy with dopamine agonists should be monitored carefully in patients with Parkinson's disease since they may have an impaired ability to respond to an orthostatic challenge.
- "Product Information. Sinemet CR (carbidopa-levodopa)." Dupont Pharmaceuticals, Wilmington, DE.
- "Product Information. Dostinex (cabergoline)." Pharmacia and Upjohn, Kalamazoo, MI.
- Iwasaki S, Hamaguchi K, Iwasaki A, Takakusagi M, Narabayashi Y "Hypotensive effect of long-term levodopa in patients with Parkinson's disease." Eur Neurol 30 (1990): 194-9
Dopamine Agonists (Includes Mirapex) ↔ Neuroleptic Malignant Syndrome
Severe Potential Hazard, Low plausibility
Applies to: Neuroleptic Malignant Syndrome
The use of dopamine agonists is contraindicated in patients with neuroleptic malignant syndrome (NMS). NMS is characterized by hyperthermia, muscle rigidity, altered mental status, irregular pulse or blood pressure, tachycardia, and diaphoresis. The syndrome may rarely be precipitated by abrupt discontinuation of the dopamine agonist.
- Gibb WR, Griffith DN "Levodopa withdrawal syndrome identical to neuroleptic malignant syndrome." Postgrad Med J 62 (1986): 59-60
- "Product Information. Mirapex (pramipexole)." Boehringer Ingelheim, Ridgefield, CT.
- Genis D "Neuroleptic malignant syndrome: impaired dopaminergic systems?" Neurology 35 (1985): 1806
Mirapex (pramipexole) drug Interactions
There are 550 drug interactions with Mirapex (pramipexole)
Mirapex (pramipexole) alcohol/food Interactions
There is 1 alcohol/food interaction with Mirapex (pramipexole)
Drug Interaction Classification
Do not stop taking any medications without consulting your healthcare provider.