MK-4 + MK-7 (menaquinone) Disease Interactions
There is 1 disease interaction with MK-4 + MK-7 (menaquinone):
Phytonadione (vit. K) (applies to MK-4 + MK-7) hepatobiliary dysfunction
Moderate Potential Hazard, Moderate plausibility. Applicable conditions: Biliary Obstruction, Liver Disease
Phytonadione is fat soluble and requires bile for adequate intestinal absorption. Biliary dysfunction decreases the absorption of phytonadione. Phytonadione is metabolized by the liver and excreted in bile and urine. Hepatic and/or biliary impairment can alter the metabolic and therapeutic activity of phytonadione. Phytonadione will not correct hypoprothrombinemia due to hepatocellular dysfunction or damage and administration of excessive phytonadione may worsen hepatic function.
- Barkhan P, Shearer MJ "Metabolism of vitamin K1 (phylloquinone) in man." Proc R Soc Med 70 (1977): 93-6
- "Product Information. Mephyton (phytonadione)." Merck & Co, Inc, West Point, PA.
- Ballard HS, Marcus AJ "Decompensated portal cirrhosis. Effects of large doses of phytonadione." Arch Intern Med 117 (1966): 182-6
- "Product Information. Vitamin K Injection (phytonadione)." Abbott Pharmaceutical, Abbott Park, IL.
- Shearer MJ, McBurney A, Barkhan P "Studies on the absorption and metabolism of phylloquinone (vitamin K1) in man." Vitam Horm 32 (1974): 513-42
MK-4 + MK-7 (menaquinone) drug interactions
There are 9 drug interactions with MK-4 + MK-7 (menaquinone)
Drug Interaction Classification
|No interaction information available.|