User Reviews for Tryptophan

Also known as: Aminomine, Tryptan

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Tryptophan.

Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder

0.0

1 review
Summary of Tryptophan reviews 8.2 9 reviews

Reviews for Tryptophan

For Insomnia: "Used this for insomnia. I got no worthwhile results on the first night taking half hour before bed. The second night took one gave me a very gassy burps with a sort of grass like after taste. The third night took about 3 hours before bed this time about half an hour after taking I get another gassy burp but this time I involuntarily spit out this green grass looking stuff and just generally a very unpleasant taste in my mouth. Then five minutes later after a bit of water to get rid of the taste the roof of my mouth has that nasty stinging sensation like when a cold or flu bug is starting to kick in. horrible sensation yuck! Gonna chuck the rest of these in the bin!"

Shaun36 October 15, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "L-trytophan feels like a bit of a lifesaver for me. Having endured insomnia for 7 years and tried so many various treatments - this natural amino acid has given me back my energy and ability to sleep 7-8 hours just like other people do! The extras are that my mood is stable during pms and going through peri menopause. I feel happier, more relaxed and able to enjoy and appreciate my life so much more."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 30, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression: "I used this product and it rearly killed me.. is extremely dangerous combined with other medications and was banned for a reason. Now left with severe inflammation and nerve damage. Wish I'd researched further not just product reviews which are only positive. Please please ask your Dr first or research. Wish I had...."

Ally3 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression: "This helped me a lot, I feel more relaxed and motivated. When taking it before bed, sleep is very restful. No side effects"

ghjfd January 4, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "This seems to make me feel sleepy, and sleep better than the meds that the doctors have tried. I also like that I don't wake up feeling dopey and have that "hung over" feeling all day long that you get from some prescription meds."

Coley T September 12, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: "Nothing, and I mean nothing (and I have tried everything) has helped my PMDD like L-Tryptophan has. My symptoms are now negligible with just one 500mg tablet plus a vitamin B supplement, once or at most twice a day."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 28, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "I am a survivor of brain cancer and now have a memory deficit as a result. My Neurologist suggested I take 100mgs of L-Tryptophan daily to increase the production of serotonin. This he felt would assist with memory function. Long story short, 2 years later, I realize that I have benefited from the side effect of sleepiness. I take my 1000 mg before I go to bed and I sleep like a log."

Anonymous February 20, 2012

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Not Listed / Other: "I suffered through a year of acute insomnia triggered by strange noises coming from my sinus, probably some kind of twisted blood vessel although my ENT could never say for sure and I didn't want a CT scan. My MD had me on Zopiclone which is OK for short term but just garbage as far as long term use: it interferes with REM sleep, develops resistance and is hell to come off of with rebound insomnia and mood shifts, mostly dark. My MD was reluctant but I talked him into letting me try tryptohan. Ahh, sleeeep! Quality sleep too. Natural sleep. No side effects except the occasional morning headache and groggies that would soon disappear. No other side effects. No buidling up resistance over long term use. To me its been a sanity saver."

Anonymous June 18, 2011

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "L-Tryptophan has worked wonders for my insomnia, PMS, anxiety and depression. No side effects, although the bottle sayS take 3 capsules, I ONLY take 1 at night and wake up feeling great."

Anonymous March 25, 2011