User Reviews for Turmeric

Herbal Supplementation 5.9

Reviews for Turmeric

Cutie August 4, 2020

For Herbal Supplementation: “I started taking CUMIN 2 weeks ago, 3/4 tsp. cumin, some white pepper, some cinnamon, 1/4 tsp. cocoa powder, 1 tsp. honey, hot water and some 1/2 and 1/2, mix it all in a cup, it tastes almost like chai tea. I noticed may pain in my hand is gone and I sleep much sounder. I will take a break ones in a while and then start up again. I am very happy with the outcome.”

Peggy · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 19, 2020

For Herbal Supplementation: “After having debilitating knee pain from arthritis and getting prescription medication from the doctor which didn't seem to help, I read about turmeric. I started taking 2 capsules once or sometimes twice per day and my knee pain has subsided. I work on concrete floors and do very strenuous work. When my pain flairs up, I start taking my tumeric. It works faster and better than the prescription.”

Cristina · Taken for less than 1 month March 22, 2020

For Herbal Supplementation: “I was taking two pills of turmeric (plus black pepper and ginger) of 500 mg and I had abnormal bleeding so be careful!”

Cinwin · Taken for less than 1 month February 7, 2020

For Herbal Supplementation: “Tumeric 500 mg gave me abdominal cramps, diarrhea and nausea. I want to give it a thorough trial so I’m going to open up the capsules and dump some out so I have a lower dose. I’ll gradually go back up to the full dose to see if I can tolerate it. So far it’s worse than the leg pain I’m taking it got.”

Pepper October 3, 2019

For Herbal Supplementation: “I had a horrible experience taking turmeric herbal supplement. I had the worst chronic diarrhea of my life. At first I thought maybe it’s a stomach bug or I ate something that didn’t agree with me. Well after two days of staying close to the restroom, I thought it ran its course. Until it happened again after taking one pill 4 days after the first episode. This pill caused an episode in me worse that a colonoscopy prep. Be careful with this supplement.”

Coco · Taken for less than 1 month September 27, 2019

For Herbal Supplementation: “Did not do anything for me”

Kay · Taken for 5 to 10 years June 26, 2019

For Herbal Supplementation: “Have used for 8? years, 1-2x day, capsule version for convenience. Use it to reduce aches, inflammation. Seems to offer many other benefits too. Works similarly to aspirin, but is different. I don't use both at same time, and very infrequently do I now use aspirin. I also use Boswellia instead of Turmeric, on days when I have some nasal congestion. Takes care of that, as it works on upper respiratory stuff well. I think it's a better pain reducer actually. (Use Savesta brand.) I have many friends using turmeric for aches and pains. One uses 2 capsules, 3x day, with doctor approval. Never had any reaction, friends neither.”

Nvmacli · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 8, 2018

For Herbal Supplementation: “Prolonged use lead to liver enzyme increase (9x over normal limits), dark urine, high blood pressure, excessive gas, while using 8 months.”

Mr. HarHar · Taken for less than 1 month April 6, 2018

For Herbal Supplementation: “I have been taking 1000 mg capsule and it has been an answer to my lower leg and hip pain at a level that I was not expecting. The first week I took it as recommended and now I have doubled that for it's possible anti-cancer benefits as I have had skin cancer in the past and hope this will assist in keeping that in check. ”

Itchylady · Taken for less than 1 month May 7, 2015

For Herbal Supplementation: “I am a 63 year old female and I have had fibromyalgia for 27 years and just started to have arthritis in my knees with one knee needing to be replaced. A friend suggested trying tumeric for pain relief. Within 24 hours, my fibromalgia pain had vanished.....and I mean gone. All the pain I had left was from the one knee that will need replacement shortly and even that is greatly diminished. I am astonished. I take one 320 mg pill daily. Now I do notice that when I get to the time that I need to take a pill that the pain in the one knee will increase. However, I am taking it slow and do not plan to increase dosage yet. I also notice that my spring allergies are under control and nasal drip is gone.”

Uyeni October 23, 2014

For Herbal Supplementation: “I had take turmeric for my left ovary pain and its help my pain go away”

ocj0511 · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 14, 2013

For Herbal Supplementation: “I first started using Turmeric about 6 months ago when I had a very bad flare-up of colitis. I was told to use the fresh root which I placed in my blender with a teaspoon of honey (about 2 small fresh roots will be will be enough for two servings, half cup liquid). The inflammation started disappearing and in no time there was no bleeding or mucous. You should take tumeric twice daily until symptoms clear up, then take intermittently. I stopped taking after a while and symptoms started even with meds, but I have now re-started it and feel a lot better. Tumeric is a Godsend.”

onehoop · Taken for 1 to 2 years October 5, 2012

For Herbal Supplementation: “I began using fresh Turmeric root for the first time directly after a traumatic injury to my elbow and shoulder. The pain was excruciating. I made a cup of tea consisting of a teaspoon of fresh ground Turmeric root, and a teaspoon of fresh ground Ginger root, sweetened to taste. The pain was gone within 15 minutes. I decided to incorporate the root into my diet, once a day for arthritic pain management. Some days, if I don't feel like having tea, so I just incorporate turmeric powder into food that I cook at the end of the cooking cycle. I am pain free, healthy and now sleep soundly. I am convinced that the root's immune system boosting properties is the secret.”

hfo1930 January 12, 2010

“I have heard about turmeric on talk radio, they say it is the best for anything that ails you. I thought I would give it a try.”