User Reviews for Milk thistle

Herbal Supplementation

Summary of Milk thistle reviews 6.9 5 reviews

Reviews for Milk thistle

For Herbal Supplementation: "took my first capsule last night. I thought I was going to die with colic. I did not leave the toilet for an hour. Never again still weak to day."

may (taken for less than 1 month) September 27, 2018

For Herbal Supplementation: "It seemed to work I was having acne I believe to be from sluggish liver it began clearing up my skin beautifully , but when I stopped I began having headaches, my skin started to return to prior way it was slowly, and just feeling the same way I was feeling before I had taken it . I don't know if I should continue or not guess it's time for a doctor's appointment"

Tonji August 22, 2018

For Herbal Supplementation: "Shameful of being an alcoholic but also a realist, the decision was finally made to "get the better of my "Monster"!.' Three years prior to becoming sober I began taking the 'suggested-on-the-bottle-dosage' of milk thistle, three times a day. A pharmacist/client had suggested I do this for the "sake of your liver". Just prior to stopping drinking, finally, I had various tests run for my physician's and my curiosity. One year after becoming sober the same tests were again run. The liver test was almost normal. I am sorry I do not know the "numbers" but I was told my liver function was about 55% while drinking. Now it was 94%! And it continues to improve as I still take this supplement. Thank you dear pharmacist and milk thistle!"

Discriminating Detective (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 24, 2016

For Herbal Supplementation: "I had a PSA reading of 4,847; after one month of starting Milk Thistle (500mg) 3X daily for a month; my liver count was normal, my kidney function was normal; and amazingly....my PSA dropped to 30. A year later, my PSA is still 30. Liver and kidney function is still normal ranges."

Farmer Lawrence (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 3, 2016

For Herbal Supplementation: "I took this for cirhosis. The milk thistle improved my enzyme levels on blood tests, but not by a huge degree. It seems to slow the progression of liver disease in many cases. It is no cure, but a helpful treatment, especially when combined with folic acid and NAC."

Tom Joad (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 16, 2015

For Not Listed / Other: "Blood sugars were running about 165 (controlled with diet and exercise), now average is 104. Stopped my cholesterol medication and now controlled with milk thistle. No side effects, was able to see results quickly."

neally May 13, 2008