User Reviews for Milk thistle

Learn more about Milk thistle.

Herbal Supplementation 3 reviews 19 medications

Summary of Milk thistle reviews 3 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Milk thistle

For Herbal Supplementation: "Shameful of being an alcoholic but also a realist, the decision was finally made to "get the better of my "Monster"!.' Three years prior to becoming sober I began taking the 'suggested-on-the-bottle-dosage' of milk thistle, three times a day. A pharmacist/client had suggested I do this for the "sake of your liver". Just prior to stopping drinking, finally, I had various tests run for my physician's and my curiosity. One year after becoming sober the same tests were again run. The liver test was almost normal. I am sorry I do not know the "numbers" but I was told my liver function was about 55% while drinking. Now it was 94%! And it continues to improve as I still take this supplement. Thank you dear pharmacist and milk thistle!"

Discriminating Detective (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 24, 2016

For Herbal Supplementation: "I had a PSA reading of 4,847; after one month of starting Milk Thistle (500mg) 3X daily for a month; my liver count was normal, my kidney function was normal; and amazingly....my PSA dropped to 30. A year later, my PSA is still 30. Liver and kidney function is still normal ranges."

Farmer Lawrence (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 3, 2016

For Herbal Supplementation: "I took this for cirhosis. The milk thistle improved my enzyme levels on blood tests, but not by a huge degree. It seems to slow the progression of liver disease in many cases. It is no cure, but a helpful treatment, especially when combined with folic acid and NAC."

Tom Joad (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 16, 2015

For : "Blood sugars were running about 165 (controlled with diet and exercise), now average is 104. Stopped my cholesterol medication and now controlled with milk thistle. No side effects, was able to see results quickly."

neally May 13, 2008