User Reviews for Terbutaline

Premature Labor 3.9
Summary of Terbutaline reviews 4.7 11 reviews

Reviews for Terbutaline

ChuckMom · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 21, 2019

For Premature Labor: “I was put on terbutaline for preterm labor at 27 weeks in 2005. Initially it was a drip until I was discharged from the hospital at 33 weeks at which point it was a terbutaline pump to be inserted in the thigh. The side effects for me (the mother) were a racing heart and jittery, shaking hands and extremities. I continued that regimen until 36 weeks. Daughter was born full term and seemed to be a typically developing child until puberty. At which point she was diagnosed with mental health issues including ADHD and severe Oppositional Defiance Disorder. Those conditions do not run in our family and are not present in our other children.”

Honey bunny · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 23, 2019

Brethine (terbutaline) for Premature Labor: “Was put on this for premature labor. Yes, the side effects are not fun.....BUT my son was still born 1 month early. He was always in the low % of development while an infant, but pediatrician said that happens with preemies. During his second year we started questioning that maybe something else was wrong. At 3 yrs specialists at John Hopkins All Childrens Hospital diagnosed him with PDD, Pervasive Developmental Disorder. He's 26 now with a bunch of labels added and his mind is still that of a child. Our family wouldn't trade him for the world, BUT if I could turn back time I would have never taken this drug. My son has a beautiful life because we has such a loving family, but I wouldn't wish his disabilities on my worst enemy. I'm glad this drug is off the market.....”

Lee · Taken for less than 1 month May 3, 2018

For Premature Labor: “I was given this for pre term labor and it made my heart rate go sky rocketing, I ripped off all the heart monitors and ran out of the hospital, all the nurses came and got me back in. Worst drug ever, and extremely powerful and scary.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 27, 2017

For Premature Labor: “In 1985 I spent a week in intensive care adjusting to terbutaline, which I was given for the entire last month of my pregnancy. My child has dyslexia and developed cancer at the age of 27. At 35 I suffered a heart attack and I have recently been told I now have a hole in my heart that went undetected thru many examinations, x rays & echograms. Chronic pain & nervousness have kept me housebound for so long now that I want these symptoms to end and need to find some answers! Could this all be related to the long term effects of terbutaline? If there is anyone out there whom has experienced anything similar to my circumstances please comment”

malvay · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 24, 2017

For Premature Labor: “I was placed on a terbutaline pump in 1989 and 1993 for preterm labor. Terbutaline pump now taken off the market. Something was off with both children despite normal genetic testing and appearing physically normal. Adolescent both children were unable to keep up academically or socially. Extreme anxiety and depression. Son took his life at 21 and daughter attempted suicide 26 continues to live a tortured life of untreatable mental illness. See the research on Terbutaline and Associated risks for Neurodevelopment Disorders. Terbutaline destroyed our lives. Don't be naive be very careful of what you take during your pregnancy. I would have rather have lost my pregnancies than see my children suffer a life filled with such despair.”

Little Dragonfly · Taken for less than 1 month July 6, 2015

For Premature Labor: “I was given terbutaline for 10 days for premature labor it worked but made my hands shake so terribly I couldn't get food in my mouth. I say its ok side effects are strong though.”

Anonymous January 25, 2012

Bricanyl (terbutaline) for Asthma, acute: “Very effective bronchodilator. Does leave a bit of an unusual taste in the mouth after use. Recommend rinsing mouth afterward.”

Anonymous December 26, 2010

For Asthma, acute: “I use terbutaline inhaler under the brand of Bricanyl Turbuhaler for asthma attacks and tight chests. I get slightly more side effects from terbutaline compared to salbutamol (albuterol) but it is also more effective. Because I only use terbutaline for acute attacks/short term relief, I don't mind the side effects - but if I was on it permanently as a maintenance drug I might have a different opinion. I would recommend terbutaline because it is effective but only use for acute attack.”

Anonymous October 31, 2009

Brethine (terbutaline) for Premature Labor: “It slowed down my contractions pretty fast, but when it wore off the pain would start again. The reason why I stopped taking it was because it gave me a massive headache, my sinus area was hurting so bad and my ears felt like they were going to pop, other than that good medication to control contractions”

caligirl1977 September 22, 2009

For Premature Labor: “It worked, but had all the side effects. It was worth it, still had her early but she stayed in long enough to be healthy.”

Anonymous May 1, 2008

Brethine (terbutaline) for Premature Labor: “It workswhile its in your system. Works fast...but it makes my hands shake bad. My heart raceses too. Hard to get use to, but slows the contractions to nothing.”