User Reviews for Imitrex Nasal

Imitrex Nasal has an average rating of 8.3 out of 10 from a total of 6 ratings on Drugs.com. 83% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 17% reported a negative experience.

Cluster Headaches
9.3
Migraine
7.3

Nicky · Taken for less than 1 month · December 31, 2019

For Migraine "I LOVE this product ( the nasal imtrex) . I used to vomit terribly with the oral sumatriptan on top of getting very tired and also get rebound headaches. This works in about 9 mins and I get pain free sign no side effects!"

Anonymous · April 8, 2009

For Migraine "Imitrex nasal sprays changed my life. I developed migraines when I was about 13 years old. At that time the doctor would simply prescribe pain killers for treatment, but they did nothing. They only helped me sleep for a few hours and then I would wake back up to the headache again. After seeing a neurologist I was prescribed Imitrex. I have tried all three forms of the medication, the pills did not work as well for me because I always vomit with a migraine. I simply did not get enough doses with the injections to last a month, only two in a prescription. But with the nasal sprays, I receive 6 each month and they work GREAT."

Max Power · September 10, 2015

For Cluster Headaches "Works in about 15 minutes for me which is about twice as fast as the pill form. Creates a bad taste but well worth it for the faster speed."

Joppy · Taken for less than 1 month · January 5, 2018

For Migraine "The injections always work for me. The nasal spray? Terrible at best. First time bloody nose with zero pain reduction and second time zero pain reduction. I just threw away a years worth."

KamikazeOzzie · April 4, 2010

For Cluster Headaches "Once the Cluster Headache begins, it takes 11 minutes for the medication to kick in and eliminate the headache for me."

VandaMtl · Taken for 5 to 10 years · June 5, 2012

For Cluster Headaches "If I take Imitrex Nasal spray 20mg in first 2-3 min when symptoms of Cluster Headaches start it's great chance that my headaches will last max 20 min, but sometimes doesn't work at all."