User Reviews for Septra DS

Learn more about Septra DS.

Reviews for Septra DS to treat Bacterial Infection

"Was prescribed this drug about three years ago for an infection around the cuticle of my forefinger. It was prescribed by a PA, no doctor ever looked at it. I remember thinking "why such a powerful antibiotic for a small infection in my finger". I recently went in to the same office with an abcess in my rear end. This time a doctor looked at it, drained it, put me on doxycycline for 10 days that took care of the abcess. Later while on a follow up visit to have it repacked, the same girl who gave me Septra DS three years earlier let it slip that they usually just assume these things are MRSA. So they prescribe something they think will work while they wait for the lab results to come back. Three years earlier no mention of MRSA! Bad reaction"

Scooter the man (taken for less than 1 month) August 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"First 2 1/2 days this seemed to be working for me. 3rd day developed a major headache and nausea, by day 4 I felt a bit feverish, but nothing major, by day 5 my entire body ached and I just wanted to sleep. The fever although not high continued to go up and down. By day 6 I felt just as bad, no headache, but nausea, feverish, chills, etc. Day 7 enlarged lymph nodes, stopped taking it, day 8-9 severe rash all over body. Seeing now poss signs of Steven-Johnson Syndrome."

Anonymous January 28, 2011