User Reviews for Somatropin

Also known as: Genotropin, Omnitrope, Norditropin FlexPro, Serostim, Humatrope, Nutropin, Zomacton, Saizen Zorbtive Nutropin AQ

Hypopituitarism 10.0
AIDS Related Wasting 5.0
Summary of Somatropin reviews 8.0 24 reviews

Reviews for Somatropin

ky · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 4, 2020

Zomacton (somatropin) for Pediatric Growth Hormone Deficiency: “Works great. Easy to use. Air gun makes a bigger hole than needle, and often bleeds. We use a mini bandage to protect sheets and pjs. The air gun is quite loud and can cause a jump scare in anxious children like my daughter. We used for a year until our free trial ran out. We are now switching back to needles which do not hurt more than the tear the air gun leaves but my daughter wanted to try needle free because of anxiety the needle might break inside her.”

Broke · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 3, 2020

Humatrope (somatropin) for Adult Human Growth Hormone Deficiency: “This medicine works great. My problem is the price! I qualified for the humatrope card that helps with the 28day cost. I have insurance and the cost is VERY HIGH! My part after insurance is almost $200 every 28 days. I am allowed $2400 for 24 months. I ran out of that benefit amount in October. I had to pay $200 every 28 days for the remainder of 2019. Now that it is January 2020 they said I only have 10 more months of assistance. ”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month August 19, 2019

For Adult Human Growth Hormone Deficiency: “I am only a week into GH (growth hormone) therapy, taking .75 IU/day. My energy has increased somewhat, and I have noticed an improvement in cognitive functioning. However, I can’t sleep. On Thursday night - 2 hrs, Friday - 2.5 hrs, Saturday - 1 hr nap, 2.5 hrs, and Sunday (last night) - 2.5 hrs. I have been taking injections in the morning. This morning, I only took 1/3 of my injection and am going to take the other 2/3 tonight so that I can try taking it before bed. Hopefully, I will see some improvements.!”

QuadMom · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 28, 2019

Nutropin (somatropin) for Pediatric Growth Hormone Deficiency: “My 14 y/o son has taken Nutrophin for a year now. The only pain he experiences is a the slight needle stick during injection. Before Nutrohpin had hadn't grown (height or weight) at all in the last 2 years. He's put on 9 pounds and 4 inches!”

Holly brunzo · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 16, 2018

Omnitrope (somatropin) for Short Stature for Age: “My son at age 6 started the injections due to short stature. Before injections my tiny 6 year old had a bone age growth of 2.5 years and weighed a whopping 32 lbs and was 38 inches tall. Only 4 months after starting the hormone, my son had grown 2 inches and gained a little under 4 lbs. my son is now at the 6 month point and I can see his jeans getting shorter. I cannot wait to see what a full year of hormones does for my big boy”

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 15, 2017

Omnitrope (somatropin) for Adult Human Growth Hormone Deficiency: “A very large meningioma next to my pituitary gland damaged the pituitary and lessened the production of several hormones including growth hormone. This is a rare disorder and I had difficulty finding an endocrinologist who could diagnose the problem much less know how to treat it but was finally successful in finding a doctor who diagnosed my problem and prescribed Omnitrrope for me. After taking the medicine for four days my strength improved considerably. That was three years ago and I continue to use the medicine. I am confident it saved my life.”

189481pc August 20, 2016

Humatrope (somatropin) for Adult Human Growth Hormone Deficiency: “Tingling, itching and numbness of my hands. Sleeplessness leading to insomnia. Higher glucose numbers no matter the diet nearing diabetes.”

Mspink33 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 2, 2015

Norditropin (somatropin) for Short Stature for Age: “My 15 son before treatment was only averaging 1 inch a year in growth and we were told, he had actually stopped growing since age 11 at this time, he was 13 years old. He has been on Norditropin since December 2014 and has grown almost 5 inches and is now more confident then ever, he even has a girlfriend now! lol ”

angry mom · Taken for less than 1 month August 31, 2015

Nutropin (somatropin) for Pediatric Growth Hormone Deficiency: “My daughter because of insurance had to switch to this medication. She screams because of the pain she experiences and we have to hold her down to give it to her. The problem is the actual medication, it stings severely. I'm not sure if we will have the heart to continue her therapy. Avoid Nutropin if you can!! Try a different medication, there are other growth hormone medications that are completely painless! Before Nutropin the daily injections were not bad at all and she was growing beautifully. Now, its torture for my dear 9 year old child.”

jemay · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 3, 2015

For Adult Human Growth Hormone Deficiency: “I was skeptical at first but after taking this product for 60 days I have to say I'm amazed at the results! I've definitely seen a decrease in fat that was near impossible to get rid of and have become much more cut. I slept better, felt better, and just felt younger again. I'm 38 and was starting to feel "old." I'm definitely a fan! This stuff actually works. I feel stronger, have more energy and have started to lose weight. It takes about a couple of weeks to make a noticeable difference but you will notice it once you start to pay attention to what is going on. Great Products! admin is it okay to add other hgh pills in my body? i just bought a product for my brother because he's 42 years old and I want to try it to my”

ECL · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 10, 2013

Humatrope (somatropin) for Pediatric Growth Hormone Deficiency: “My son began taking Humatrope at the age of 5 and in almost 3 years he has grown just over 10 inches and gained around 10 lbs. When he began he was not on the growth chart at all and was not moving up as he should. After testing found him to be growth hormone deficent he began the daily shots and now is in the 25% on the growth chart! He will continue to take Humatrope until he is finished growing so we still have years of shots ahead of us but for us AND HIM they are proving to be worth it.”

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 25, 2012

Humatrope (somatropin) for Short Stature for Age: “My son was about 7 when he started taking Humatrope. He was extremely small for his age and was not even on the growth curve. Although he had maintained his own small growth curve. When that curve started to invert, we put him on this. He gets a shot every night. He is now 9 years old and growing at twice the velocity that he had been growing at. He is still small, but he does not stand out so drastically among his peers. We have been very happy with the results and plan to continue the medication.”

rramjet January 6, 2012

Serostim (somatropin) for AIDS Related Wasting: “Serostim worked for 12 years but does not seem to help now.”

Anonymous January 3, 2012

Norditropin (somatropin) for Turner Syndrome: “Although relatively more expensive than other options, it is the most convenient alternative for parents with Turner's Syndrome in pediatric use. Also, there is a possibility to perform the injection after the first 15-20 mins of sleep to avoid child's resistance of treatment 6 days/wk. Now crossing treatment year 3, growth charts continue demonstrating significant annual gains.”

Anonymous November 28, 2011

Tev-Tropin (somatropin) for Pediatric Growth Hormone Deficiency: “My son is 9 and has severe growth hormone deficiency. He has been taking Tev-Tropin for over 2 years now. He started out below the 3rd percentile in height and is now above the 25th percentile. He has a better appetite, and is doing great! We are so thankful for this medicine and have had no side effects to report.”

Anonymous September 24, 2011

Norditropin (somatropin) for Adult Human Growth Hormone Deficiency: “Nordotropin Flexpro Pen is very easy to use, just not easy to get the insurance company to approve or finding a Dr. that knows how to handle patients with this condition.”

wound.nurse September 1, 2011

For Turner Syndrome: “My 15 year old daughter has been self-administering somatropin (under the names Humatrope or Norditropin - dependent upon insurance provider choice) since the age of 8. Great results regarding height. Prognosis without this medicine was a max height of 4'8". She is now 5'2". She has had no complications or side effects. Her only complaint is that the increased long-bone growth has given her large feet (size 10) and very long fingers. I suppose that is a "plus" for those interested in playing the piano! ”

Ryan1974XX August 30, 2010

Humatrope (somatropin) for Pediatric Growth Hormone Deficiency: “Humatrope first started being used in 1987 I have read. I started taking daily shots in 1988. At the time I was 14 years old, 5'4", 170lbs, and had ZERO growth hormone in my body. As it stood without treatment it appeared that I would never hit puberty. I began taking daily shots every day for two years. During that time I only missed two days. I grew from 5'4" to 6' by 16 years of age and weighed the same weight that I had before I began the shots. My body developed normally and I noticed no side effects. Even after I stopped taking the shots I still continued to grow an additional inch. My farther is 5'10", my older brother is 5'11" and I am 6'1". It worked PERFECTLY for me.”

nosidak August 21, 2010

Tev-Tropin (somatropin) for Pediatric Growth Hormone Deficiency: “My son is 13 and has been taking Tev-Tropin with the T-Jet device for nearly a year and he has not grown at all, maybe an inch.”

tyly April 22, 2010

Tev-Tropin (somatropin) for Pediatric Growth Hormone Deficiency: “My son started nightly injections of Tev-Tropin just 5 weeks ago after being diagnosed with a growth deficiency. He is almost 13 years old. We measured this morning and he has growth 3/4 of an inch!”

Feeling Better September 20, 2009

Humatrope (somatropin) for Adult Human Growth Hormone Deficiency: “This works quite well for me. I don't know if anyone else uses it or had adult onset growth hormone deficiency and also developed this condition from Gulf War Syndrome. When I started taking the Humatrope, my bone density went from a -4 to a -2.3 and hopefully is still going up. My focus and concentration improved and my irritability and my energy level went way up! I have been using it for about 5 years now and didn't know I had it until my urologist started listing reasons for severe osteoporosis and it turns out that I had adult onset growth hormone deficiency. Good luck to all. Hopefully Stem Cell technology can be used to help cure/fix us!”

Anonymous May 14, 2009

Humatrope (somatropin) for Turner Syndrome: “My daughter has Turners. She has been on this since she was 2 - she is 4 now. It is working great.”

Anonymous March 26, 2009

Nutropin (somatropin): “My son had a tumor removed from the pituitary gland, yes the gland was removed too. My son was 10 years old the size of a 6 year old. Yes we like to preserve our children and I sort of got to do that. He still sat on my lap and I could still carry him to his bed at 10 years old, because he was so small due to the tumor. He has been taking the Nutropin for 6 1/2 years and he is now 5' 9". He will be 17 this summer. My son has been through a lot and never let that stop him. He will graduate from High School next year and is one of the smartest people I know and he plans on going to college. He is a remarkable young man.”

Anonymous February 25, 2009

Saizen (somatropin) for Adult Human Growth Hormone Deficiency: “I'm 70 and seemingly in EXCELLENT health. NO pains or problems with ANYTHING. I work on my estate daily and have better energy than my younger by far workers. Before I started taking human growth hormone (HGH), I found that my skin was growing very thin and becoming a slight pinkish blue. Now this is completly resolved. I go to a life extension doctor that after testing found that my hormones like all older persons were low so I'm now supplementing with HGH, Pregnalone, DHEA, and Testosterone (transdermal. I highly recommend it to my friends and acquaintances and to you to have your blood tested.”

Anonymous June 29, 2008

For Hypopituitarism: “Experienced weight loss, muscle gain, and I slept better.”