User Reviews for Silvadene Cream 1%

Burns, External 9 reviews 109 medications

Summary of Silvadene Cream 1% reviews 9 reviews 10.0

Reviews for Silvadene Cream 1%

For Burns, External "2nd degree burns on large areas, 3 weeks later you can hardly tell I was injured, almost made me look like a liar lol.. wish I had known about this amazing cream on previous accidents XD Neosporin can't touch this imo"

Ververv December 5, 2016

For Burns, External "Received bad second degree burns on both forearms from an accident working near a pizza oven. Was prescribed this miracle cream and my burns healed without a trace of any lasting scars. It's been about fifteen years, and I still can't tell exactly where I was burned!"

Ktk777 September 20, 2015

For Burns, External "I had used this before about 5 years ago when I picked up a lawn mower and brunt my hand on the hidden exhaust in the front. 2 nd degree burn in the entire palm of my hand. Healed like Christ himself returned and healed it. Therefore, last week when I took the Harley out for a quick run to the store, while parking it my leg hit the pipes! (my other 2 bikes that I ride regularly don't have the same pipe structure and are impossible to lean our leg on them as there's no cross over pipe to burn yourself on) I didn't even panic, I called the doctor, asked for this cream, he prescribed 5 big tubes and in 45 min I was feeling no sting and applied it on thick. its been five days and the burns are healing well and I expect no scar as before."

JT-PGH PA (taken for less than 1 month) June 30, 2015

For Burns, External "I wish this would go over the counter already. This stuff works great. Whether I get burnt from a flat iron or curling iron or even a bad sun burn this stuff works great! Had some left over after my daughter slipped on the deck and hit her shoulder against the BBQ. I tried neosporin for a couple days and nothing. Dr rx'd SSD cream her burn was gone the next day!"

Ama760 June 8, 2015

For Burns, External "This is just great for burns. I am a firefighter, got some small 2nd degree burns. Even though I was completely covered in my protective gear, I still got the burns from an intense wave of black smoke. It takes a lot to burn through the gear. Well anyway, I ended up being sent to the hospital per chief's orders and do not regret it because they put this cream on and it instantly made the stinging pain in my ear go from about 4 out of 10 to a 1. It seems these burns are healing ultra quick and there is little pain associated. No doubt in my mind that this cream works wonders, I am thrilled they gave me a full tube and a refill, I probably won't need more than 1/4 the tube, so it will be nice to have around."

FF_RP (taken for less than 1 month) November 21, 2014

For Burns, External "Prescribed by our doctor to treat my 3-year-old's 3rd degree burn on her forearm. This cream is wonderful! It is healing the burn well. (Our local grocery store neglected to put the protective cover around their rotissirie chicken stand, exposing the hot metal edge. Our daughter burned her forearm when she walked past the stand.) Note the warning that it is a Sulfa drug. Thank heavens I looked it up! I'm allergic to Sulfa. If I had not researched it, I would have applied it with my bare hands, causing a deadly reaction to myself!"

Anonymous June 2, 2010

For Burns, External "I suffered a burn to my fingertips at work, and the nurse smeared Silvadene on. I thought it was odd to put ointment on a burn but let him do it anyway. Within an hour, it was as if my fingers were just a bit calloused, such as from playing the guitar. I was totally free of pain and had complete function in my fingers. I wish this stuff was available OTC; it would save people a lot of needless misery from small but painful burns."

Anonymous December 8, 2009

For Burns, External "T recently had a motorcycle accident and had 2 and 3rd degree burns on my arms and legs and Silvadene Cream healed me in 3 weeks. It works really well and in my opinion it should be moved to over the counter. It works well on cuts and other things of that nature as well."

Anonymous September 7, 2009

For Burns, External "I had a burn on a finger about 10 years ago and a doctor prescribed this. I have used this since on almost any kind of injured skin or rash. It increases the healing process in my experience and works exceptionally well. It of course is not good to use if you have sulfa allergies. This is my favorite medication and feel strongly that it should move to an over the counter status."

Anonymous July 13, 2009

More about Silvadene Cream 1% (silver sulfadiazine topical)

Professional resources